Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WNBA
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,001

WNBA

Apr 17, 2024, 8:01 AM

If Caitlyn Clark is making 76k a year as a first rounder,

Does that mean you can make more at McDonalds then you can as a second and third rounder?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WNBA

Apr 17, 2024, 8:05 AM

$64k is the minimum salary for rookies. You'd have to work a lot of overtime to make that much at Mickey D's unless you're the store manager.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2024, 9:02 AM

The salary in the brand new professional women's volleyball league is around $65,000 and next year they will be paid more than that. Personally I think it is much more fun to watch and the young ladies are easily as athletic, or more, than the WNBA players. That said, Clark will probably bring a lot of additional viewers that watched her in college. I'll at least watch a game or two (for a while) of her team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2024, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: WNBA ]

If $64k is the min., Catlyn should be making a heck of a lot more than she is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2024, 8:35 PM

Salaries and revenue sharing are collectively bargained. It’s a simple case of economics. The league does not make enough money to pay players more.

Remind her to ask them when she signs her six figure plus endorsement deal

Apr 17, 2024, 8:16 AM

If she hasn’t already made a million off of endorsements she’s well on her way

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remind her to ask them when she signs her six figure plus endorsement deal

Apr 17, 2024, 8:20 AM

She's already a multi-millionaire. On3 estimated her NIL value at Iowa to be over $3 million/year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no doubt shes made a million, but ON3s estimate are total trash

Apr 17, 2024, 8:31 AM

They’re not based on any real knowledge they just take the number of social media followers someone has and multiply it by a factor to get an estimated worth.

Re: I have no doubt shes made a million, but ON3s estimate are total trash

Apr 17, 2024, 8:33 AM

I agree that their estimates aren't worth much, but I'm sure her State Farm deal pays well. "Jake" even showed up to the WNBA draft.

Apr 17, 2024, 8:35 AM

I think it’s called “The W” not WNBA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do think she made a financial error by not taking advantage of her final year

Apr 17, 2024, 9:41 AM

In college. Her last 3 games averaged well over 10M viewers a game; that puts her on the level of TV actors who earn ~$1M per tv episode. The TV networks will have around 30 opportunities to put her games on TV, while it’s unreasonable to think the regular season games would have anywhere near the viewership as the tournament, it’ll be a lot more with her on the team than without. I don’t think it would be wildly outrageous for the networks to get together and slide her a few million in NIL funds to come back to school and make the properties that they’ve already invested in multiple times more valuable. She could probably make more money next year in TV payments than she would in her whole career of salaries in the WNBA.

What was her signing bonus?

Apr 17, 2024, 10:15 AM

I have no idea. Just asking.

Apr 17, 2024, 10:38 AM

Some dude said online that she had endorsements lined up for over $3 million/year already and that amount would probably grow.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2024, 11:02 AM

I understand that some people think they cannot live without watching sports but why anyone would want to watch the WNBA completely escapes me.

Apr 17, 2024, 10:10 PM

Agreed. The WNNA loses over $10 million a year. Since its inception the NBA has given the WNBA over $200 million and it is still on the verge of bankruptcy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For once I agree****

Apr 18, 2024, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: WNBA ]

Apr 18, 2024, 3:49 PM

Economics 101.....She is making exactly what the market demands. More butts in seats and eyes on screens and she will eventually make more.

Apr 18, 2024, 4:27 PM

Clark is about to sign a deal with Nike for $20M+. She did not make a mistake leaving school and she will be making way more already than she would have in NIL money for one more season.

Apr 18, 2024, 4:47 PM

Imagine the additional money she would command if she looked like that gymnast from LSU.

Probably be the top grossing female athlete of all-time.

Apr 18, 2024, 8:06 PM

I have a person very close to me that was vice president of a WNBA franchise. According to them, their main job was to cut their losses from a million a year to half a million a year …….. which they did.

Apr 18, 2024, 8:24 PM

She is supposedly getting a 20 million dollar shoe deal.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,001
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic