Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whoever designed that C for Charlotte
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,001

Whoever designed that C for Charlotte

Apr 16, 2024, 6:59 PM

With the pick ax in the center representing the 49ers was dang good. Wonder if they copyrighted it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whoever designed that C for Charlotte

Apr 16, 2024, 7:32 PM

Uncc use to have a good logo before this re branding

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 7:34 PM

I know they had a gold rush in NC, but was it in Charlotte?

Having a hard time picturing gold mines in Charlotte but maybe that's why they have big banks there. ha.

Message was edited by: tigerband1®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they got the name because the school is located on Hwy 49.***

Apr 16, 2024, 7:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think they got the name because the school is located on Hwy 49.***

Apr 16, 2024, 7:58 PM

Oh, I just assumed it was a gold rush thing.

Found on google:
The nickname "49ers" derives from the fact that the university's predecessor, Charlotte Center of the University of North Carolina (CCUNC - established in 1946) was saved from being shut down by the state in 1949 by Bonnie Ethel Cone, when the Charlotte Center became Charlotte College.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 8:02 PM

Don't know if that is the same family that had Cone Mills in NC or not. I don't think they would have used a gold mining symbol for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 7:59 PM [ in reply to I think they got the name because the school is located on Hwy 49.*** ]

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Apr 16, 2024, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Whoever designed that C for Charlotte ]

The Carolina gold rush was the first gold rush in the U.S. A 17 lb gold nugget was found by a young boy who showed it to his father. They were not aware of the fact that it was gold and used it as a door stop for several years. The father later showed it to a jeweler who recognized it as being gold and offered $3.50 for it. That was equal to a week's pay for a farmer. The actual value of the nugget was $3500.

There were eventually over 20 gold mines in Cabarrus County. NOT sure if Mecklenberg county was a county then or was later split from Cabarrus.

GOLD was found in Charlotte

Apr 16, 2024, 8:21 PM

I took a tour of the Bank of America tower when it was being built and was told that when they were drilling for the foundation that they hit many old mine shafts and the giant bits would fall out of the equipment.

Apr 16, 2024, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Whoever designed that C for Charlotte ]

There was a US Mint in Chlt which began producing gold coins from 1837 to 1861 when the confederacy took it over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

The O inside Of the O in the Oregon lOgO

Apr 16, 2024, 7:56 PM

is sOmething else

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 8:34 PM

Here ya go.

Charlotte 49ers athletics partnered with Luquire George Andrews (LGA), a Charlotte-based strategic communications firm that has several UNC Charlotte alumni on its roster. The year-long collaboration was led by LGA Senior Vice President/Executive Creative Director Todd Aldridge, a distinguished alumnus of UNC Charlotte’s College of Arts + Architecture.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,001
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic