Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We need people everywhere to file a Public Records Request AFTER
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 501

We need people everywhere to file a Public Records Request AFTER

May 3, 2024, 3:33 PM

Clemson receives the "ESPN Contract". As the ACC is ordered to notified of such requests and thereby given opportunity to file a motion against the release of the information. This should keep them busy - filing a motion for every request received.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: We need people everywhere to file a Public Records Request AFTER

May 3, 2024, 3:35 PM

That would make me feel as cheap as the Swaffords.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2024, 3:39 PM

Just call it a low point and move on

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no idea what the law is in SC.

May 3, 2024, 3:39 PM

But, in FL we have a very strong "government in the sunshine" law. It basically (layman's terms) every action a public institution takes must be open for public inspection. The FSU lawyer argued in the NC court saying that the court could not give info to FSU and tell them they couldn't release it.

Bottom line is if FSU every gets a copy of the ESPN agreement there will be 20+ news organizations demanding they be given access to it. That is the fear of ESPN. They do not want the contract between ESPN and ACC made public.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no idea what the law is in SC.

May 3, 2024, 3:41 PM

Im here... in the Pensacola area. And you are correct. My point was just to take action that would cause expense and "headache" for the ACC by what Clemson receives.

EDIT: BUT, will the ACC actually give up a copy to Clemson? That is what I'm waiting to see!

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

Re: I have no idea what the law is in SC.

May 3, 2024, 4:44 PM [ in reply to I have no idea what the law is in SC. ]

S C's FOIA is similar but it applies only to SC govt. agencies, cities, counties, public colleges, school districts, and other public funded entities like volunteer fire depts. Legal matters (and a few other things) are exempt from release although the agency probably could release info by choice. Doubt any would though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2024, 4:10 PM

Where do we fax our request?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 501
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic