Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have lost two series this whole year !
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,051

We have lost two series this whole year !

May 11, 2024, 7:22 PM

Wakes a decent team with good pitching and plays in little league park. It wasn't our day. This team has fight in it. Coach will continue to bring in great recruits. We have to give him time. It's such a head game. I mean our SS struck out 4 times today. I bet he would tell us that's never happened in all his years of playing. We faced really good pitching this weekend and it will help us going forward. Wake has a lot riding on this series. Just my 2 cents

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have lost two series this whole year !

May 11, 2024, 7:24 PM

We led until bottom 8th, bullpen blows it. Winning every series earlier in season helps nothing today. Bullpen continued struggle is a real problem. With a pen it is 1-1 going to Sunday. The guys in the pen need to get right, they are capable. They just have 0 confidence and pitch as if they are beat already.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2024, 7:28 PM

You sorta nailed it in your own comment. good pitching nullifies our hitting and we have NO pitching to counter opposing hitting at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2024, 8:04 PM

Exactly

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2024, 8:12 PM

Many of the Red Sox greats have played in the park.
Before Wake bought that ballpark it was called Ernie Shore field. Mr Shore also played big league ball for Boston and later was elected Sheriff for this town/county.
The cubs followed the red Sox and then the White Sox. Babe Ruth, Carl Yastrzemski and Ernie Shore to name a few greats to grace that field.

Go tigers

May 11, 2024, 9:53 PM

OK, the park still stinks and is astroturf. Not a real park IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: We have lost two series this whole year ! ]

Mr. Shore lived across the street from my aunt and uncle in Winston-Salem. My uncle took me to meet him and autograph my catcher’s mitt. Wish I still had it. Ernie was teammates with Babe Ruth in Boston and once team with Ruth to throw a no-hitter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

their pitchers didn't have to throw strikes, we were swinging at everything they

May 11, 2024, 8:15 PM

were making us throw strikes before they would swing

May 11, 2024, 10:34 PM

Yea two years in and I can admit this team is not the number two team in the country and we very well could not make it out of another home regional … with that said we could also just outscore teams and actually make it to Omaha… regardless the future is bright it was a very quick turnaround I mean we went from being a joke barely sneaking in if we did at all , to two straight years of being a national seed … and there is one HUGE glaring weakness on this team and its pitching and I expect it to be addressed… we are two years in we have a lot of fun years to look forward to. Just imagine this team with two legit aces and an actual D1 bullpen that can hold leads … we would be number one by a long shot and a favorite to win it all even this year… greatness is coming just have to give him time , Imo what he’s done this quick in two years is really unbelievable.

May 11, 2024, 10:59 PM

Pre season #1 Wake started off cold but now they’re hot. ACC is deep this year and we are the highest ranked team in it currently.

Our bullpen has enough to win a regional or super, but not to come from a losers bracket scenario.

The best is yet to come.

May 12, 2024, 3:31 PM

They were better than us across the board!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,051
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next