Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transfer portal opens tomorrow
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,351

Transfer portal opens tomorrow

Apr 15, 2024, 2:41 PM

Any guesses on who we might lose over the next 2 weeks?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Transfer portal opens tomorrow

Apr 15, 2024, 2:42 PM

I have no idea, but I would think possibly a WR, and a DT.

I would also bet the farm that we won’t pick anyone up.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 2:43 PM

No doubt on the 2nd part.

Apr 15, 2024, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Transfer portal opens tomorrow ]

Why? We offered multiple OL last cycle that we didn't hit on.

Not like we flat our aren't trying.

Apr 16, 2024, 7:56 AM

Portal recruiting doesn't suit our recruiting style. I'd like to see a portal pickup or two to add some experience. But our ideal portal recruit would likely be someone we recruited out of high school that didn't work out somewhere else. Clemson recruiting has always been about building that relationship over years. The speed dating of the portal just doesn't work out in our favor.

Apr 15, 2024, 2:43 PM

everybody or some lesser number.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 2:44 PM

Profound.

Concerned about our D-line taking some hits***

Apr 15, 2024, 2:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Concerned about our D-line taking some hits***

Apr 15, 2024, 3:03 PM

I hope not. Unless it's someone really buried on the depth chart.

Apr 15, 2024, 3:10 PM

Zaire Patterson flits that description
Its a shame Dabo has said he was everything you want physically but just did not prepare the right way or something along thise lines

Apr 15, 2024, 3:45 PM

I’d be shocked if Zaire left because, he’s getting great coaching and is improving. We might lose a TE & a LB and another offensive lineman or two.(possibly a kicker too)

Clay Swinney is good enough to play WR elsewhere so he might decide to transfer to a smaller school to get paid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

You lost me at Clay Sweeney.***

Apr 16, 2024, 11:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Concerned about our D-line taking some hits*** ]

Well, it sounds like Dabo made some good moves playing a couple DL to de. That may help keep a couple more around.

We could probably make an educated guess if we knew what the 2 deep post spring was. I'm assuming Dabo has already had his post spring talk to the guys.

Apr 15, 2024, 3:07 PM

Basketball and spring sports early signing period begins on Wednesday.

I just hope we dont lose over 30 players

Apr 15, 2024, 3:29 PM

Percentage wise that’s what we lost in basketball so far and I can see the stress it is putting on that program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I just hope we dont lose over 30 players

Apr 15, 2024, 3:44 PM

lol you should be a Master Chef 🧑‍🍳 cuz you can sure stir it up. Lol

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Apr 15, 2024, 3:56 PM

Perhaps a RB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 6:58 PM [ in reply to I just hope we dont lose over 30 players ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Apr 15, 2024, 5:09 PM

You know what? I think Dabo is doing this the correct way. You stick to your high standards and your culture and not only sell those to the recruits but especially to their parents. The PAW journey is one of the best tools for doing that. To me the portal is for players looking for more $’s and/or playing time. As far as I’m concerned the portal would be a last resort to pick up a player. At some point other colleges will find this to be the roadmap. There is a good reason for players entering the portal, if they were that good why are they leaving their current school? I know I’m most likely a dinosaur but I say Dabo, keep doing what you’ve been doing because IMHO, it works.

Apr 15, 2024, 5:23 PM

I agree with you nga, but if there is a real need at a position 1 or 2 may be helpful.

Apr 15, 2024, 6:07 PM

If a miracle happened and we upgraded 2 OL and 2WR my outlook on the season could completely change.

Apr 15, 2024, 6:38 PM

Maybe Noble Johnson. Probably depends on how much his driving issue put him in the love shack.

Apr 15, 2024, 7:00 PM

Good guess on Johnson. Hanafin as another buried receiver. Cade denhoff could be one despite light DE room. The other one is jeadyn Lukus if he’s getting passed on depth chart.

Apr 16, 2024, 7:51 AM

Funny thing is I met Noble Johnson's mother the other day in San Diego.... I was in line at a grocery store wearing a Clemson sweat shirt and she is a doctor that was in town for a conference. They are from Rockwall, Texas. With the love and support she was showing towards the Tigers and Dabo, I highly doubt he will be leaving. She just asked if I liked Clemson and obviously I went off on how much I loved it.

Really wonderful woman. Based on that interaction, I would be very very surprised if he transferred.

Its a small, small world. Randomly the same thing has happened two other times....

I met Sheridan Jones's uncle wearing a Clemson sweat shirt in a USPS in Norfolk, VA.

I rented a house in Bethesda, MD, and Bryan Bresee's Dad owned the company that did repairs on my rental. He came into do a repair one time and saw my Clemson photos everywhere.

All three times, the parents/relatives very quietly asked if I liked Clemson and Dabo. Each time I talked so highly about them and said, "Dabo always says... serve a player's heart and not their talent and football will take care of itself" and they always get a huge smile on their face, say I sound like one of the coaches, and just go off on how much they love Dabo and the Clemson family.

Clemson family is great. Go Tigers !!!

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish we would go out and pick up a

Apr 15, 2024, 7:57 PM

WR, OL and DE. 3 guys. Man, would I feel a lot better about this season if we could just get 2 of those 3.

But… unfortunately it’s a one way street here. Let’s see who leaves.

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,351
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic