Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The press on Clemson FB makes Dabo seem..
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1407

The press on Clemson FB makes Dabo seem..

May 17, 2024, 2:04 PM

Ornery and provincial in a bad way. Seems like the press and media is waiting for next couple of years to say… see, we told you so. In the meantime the ACC is making it impossible to even compete for the high school players we need/want. If Dabo’s philosophy is going to work we must get out of this ACC dilemma or else we will not be able to compete year in and year out. We at best on the national level will be WF is in the ACC- competitive every 5-6 years. I don’t think that’s acceptable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? WF?

May 17, 2024, 2:10 PM

LOL. The "Woke" media sux and seek the negative in all things. Thank God for Dabo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with the Tigers

May 17, 2024, 2:34 PM

That the right quarterback can’t cure! Klubnik is a wonderful young man. The right kind of kid you want to be on the Tiger team but he is far from being the right guy for the Tigers. I think our QB coach is among the best in college football and Klubnik hasn’t developed as I thought he would under him. There is work to do this summer and the month of August is BIG!

The coaching is in place at Clemson and the talent is certainly in place also. No reason for this not to be a top five team but…. There is work to do. Eleven guys on the field who REFUSE to lose will make us all a happy bunch of Tigers! It’s just very difficult to convert a choir boy to a bad ### MF for 3 hours on a Saturday! Can Dabo do that??? I’m pulling for him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm...

May 17, 2024, 2:31 PM

"The press on Clemson FB makes Dabo seem...Ornery and provincial in a bad way."

I agree that that is what they are trying to do, but that's fine. This is the same old thing.

"Seems like the press and media is waiting for next couple of years to say… see, we told you so."

Yup. It's the glory of having no accountability. If we tank..."See, we told you so." If we win six more national championships, it won't even be mentioned.

"In the meantime the ACC is making it impossible to even compete for the high school players we need/want."

How so? Schools still can't pay players directly so the big paychecks that the SEC and B1G reportedly get doesn't effect the recruiting, does it?

null

Interesting post and I believe there are some overlapping storylines

May 17, 2024, 2:32 PM

that connect with each other.

1) Dabo is right. College Football is currently broken. Even Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin agree with him. It is pro football with unlimited salary caps and year-to-year free agency.
2) Dabo and Clemson will always be considered provincial just by winning in the South and from the woeful ACC. B1G and SEC media, often from larger population centers, will ensure that.
3) As a former walk-on, with walk-on kids, Dabo champions the walk-on. And he wants to win. HIS WAY. With lots of walk-ons, and not using the transfer portal.
4) The Week 1 Clemson-UGA game will be seen and reported as a watershed game for college football. What works - Kirby taking 9 transfers or Dabo not pursuing transfers? Who wins? By how much? As a result, who is the better football coach?
5) Longer term, conference affiliation is a bigger story. A Clemson win or close loss will only help Clemson's position.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting post and I believe there are some overlapping storylines

May 17, 2024, 2:50 PM

Keep An eye on the ratings for that game. It will be off the charts. That is what will help Clemson in conference affiliation more than wins and close losses.

May 17, 2024, 3:09 PM

Fire up the ROY bus y’all!!

May 17, 2024, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Interesting post and I believe there are some overlapping storylines ]

UGA got mostly depth players from the portal to band aid a team that had what 20+ players go pro and another 20 enter the portal the past 2 years. Clemson matches up with them alot better than many believe. Fans on this board and on social media don't get that very few elite guys in the portal are going to entertain Clemson bc there's not a free for all NIL deal available and they would have to compete for the job, not just given it off the rip. So when he says the guys in the portal would not play here he's right bc he knows the pool that's available to Clemson and he's also always been a very selective recruiter to begin with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

smh, you are a sad poster

May 17, 2024, 5:56 PM

Speaking as a longtime and former member of the press ...

May 18, 2024, 11:13 AM

they aren't really trying to make Coach Swinney appear one way or another.

What they are doing is platforming the tastiest soundbites they can find, from whomever they find them, including Coach Swinney. And Deion. And Lane Kiffin. Saban. The Pirate (may he RIP).

And that process, repeated over time, builds personas. That bald guy with big ears who looks like the south end of a north bound elephant (Finebaum?) ... he clearly has beef with Swinney, but, he's probably the exception.

Swinney is awesome at playing the game, and has always handled the press with great savvy and aplomb.

And he seems to be a fully integrated human, which is to say, he is a man of great integrity -- the same person in private as he is in public.

In my experience, there are very, very, very few like him.

The UGA game will probably have some weight in the national narrative, depending on the outcome.

As a bandwagon Clemson fan, all I can say is I'd rather go to the Gator Bowl with a Swinney-led Clemson program than the National Championship with a Smart-led Georgia program.

What good is a natty if it comes at the expense of a program's heart and soul?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1407
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic