Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Importance of Paying Your Membership Dues - And Keeping Secrets (Long)
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 11
| visibility 701

The Importance of Paying Your Membership Dues - And Keeping Secrets (Long)

May 1, 2024, 2:20 PM

Yesterday Tug made a post asking why TNetters willingly choose to pay for an upgraded TNet account instead of using a free account. Thanks for posing the question, Tugalooriver! Having used a free account for several years before upgrading within the last couple of years, I have given Tug’s question some thought. For me, I have three primary reasons:

Reason 1: I appreciate and enjoy TNet:

My first thought was that I appreciate TigerNet. I find myself on TNet more than I probably should. I also have found the mods to be very helpful. B-Meist, for example, has certainly been helpful to me on more than one occasion after I have done something knuckleheadish.

Overall:
- I appreciate the insights into Clemson sports from the TNet writers.
- I enjoy the informative and/or insightful posts on TNet.
- I enjoy the banter in the light-hearted posts on TNet.
- Basically, I find TNet to be a lot of Fun!

TNet is actually a bargain from that standpoint. I am sure I spend more on coffee each month than I do on TNet. Both of which have become important components of my day.

This is all important - and a good reason to pay for TNet. But, for me, that is not the biggest reason to pay for TNet.

Reason 2: I do like being ad-free:

My second thought was for the ad-free experience. As a marketing-type, I appreciate that TNet enjoys revenue from advertising. People who do not pay still support TNet’s ability to maintain desirable ad rates. But, I admit, it is still nice to be ad-free.

This is also important, but for me, that is still not the biggest reason to pay for TNet.

Reason 3: The ability to edit:

To me, I think the biggest reason for supporting TNet with a paid membership is the ability to edit my posts after I make yet another mistake, typo, error, etc.

As an example:

Suppose you are getting hungry. Then someone (like MyfavOrange, perhaps) makes a post about Supper/Dinner. You think to yourself, That sounds like a good idea. So you decide to post:

“Good idea! Let’s eat, Fellow TNetters!”

After making your post, however, you realize that you mistakenly left out a comma. To your horror, you now realize that you have posted:

“Good idea! Let’s eat Fellow TNetters!”

You cringe as everyone on TNet has now learned your secret. Now, everyone knows of your propensity for cannibalism. And, now other TNetters will know to be on guard around you as well.

Your secret is out. And, all because of a simple missed comma!

But, if you were only a paying member, you could correct this mistake and keep your secret intact!

I keep a lot of secrets. So, for me, that is the most important reason. (Now, to go back and see what typos I need to correct.)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson: Academic Excellence! Athletic Excellence!

Re: The Importance of Paying Your Membership Dues - And Keeping Secrets (Long)

May 1, 2024, 2:25 PM

Great points and reply. I was basically shocked, and stopped at the question. LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me, I have been on here for 22 years and figure that is worth paying for.***

May 1, 2024, 2:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Donated monthly for over 25 years...still do, out of appreciation.

May 1, 2024, 4:22 PM

Way back in 1998, I discovered a fledgling website called TigerNet created by the Crumpton brothers and just a few dedicated Clemson folks. It immediately drew my attention as a great place to stay up to date with Clemson Tigers news and a place to post messages and opinions with other Clemson fans.

It's changed a lot over the years. I miss the chatroom banter in what was used to be called "TigerActive Chat". I miss the socials that we had during baseball season and Spring Football Game Weekend. I met lots of people way back then who still remain friends today. A few of those folks have passed way over a quarter century and I still miss them.

I continue to support the current staff as they still do a great job in 2024.

I encourage all Clemson fans who are positive and supportive of our sports teams to also donate...it just might make TigerNet even better!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Donated monthly for over 25 years...still do, out of appreciation.

May 1, 2024, 9:34 PM

Bingo. I remember late 90s and early 2000s discovering T-Net. Thought it was the coolest thing around. Bad thing is I didn't have a puter at home and only limited access at work. It wasn't until 2010ish that I even discovered what the forums were about. Neat stuff.

Re: The Importance of Paying Your Membership Dues - And Keeping Secrets (Long)

May 1, 2024, 4:50 PM

Harumph! Harumph!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Wow. You have no life***

May 1, 2024, 4:53 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow. You have no life***

May 1, 2024, 5:13 PM

Leave a comma out and the Grammar Police will quickly disembowel you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You would be wrong.***

May 1, 2024, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Wow. You have no life*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow. You have no life***

May 1, 2024, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Wow. You have no life*** ]

See cakes, you'll never see my post but I did TU your post. You have a right to post your opinion. But if every post is such as this, you won't be around long. G'day

Re: Much to learn you still have...

May 1, 2024, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Wow. You have no life*** ]

That is NOT a nice thing to say or post to someone.

It just shows your ignorance.

I try to save a life a day, usually it is my own.

You seem like a fun person to be around

May 1, 2024, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Wow. You have no life*** ]

And yes I’m being sarcastic.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 701
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next