Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad venue for a conference tournament
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 8
| visibility 851

Sad venue for a conference tournament

May 10, 2024, 9:07 AM

Watched highlights of the game yesterday and, wow, what a pathetic little stadium. No fan support there at all for either team, seemed like. The loudest voices were the players in the dugouts.

I get the idea of rotating the tournament around, but geez, at least use some decent stadiums. The only venue Duke has that's any good is Cameron (maybe lacrosse?). They have classrooms bigger than their softball stadium (which suits them).

Looked more like they were playing at a youth rec facility than a D1 university stadium. These players deserve better than this pathetic little facility. At least it'll make our girls appreciate how good they have it at Clemson and how well the Athletic Dept and Univ treats them! Nobody is doing women's sports better than Clemson right now!

Now Go Tigers and Beat the Dukies!! They can do it - just have to play a solid game. We have all the pieces - just got to get them all working together!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad venue for a conference tournament

May 10, 2024, 9:11 AM

Clemson has still not gotten to host. Duke's stadium is terrible. Who would want to watch a game there?
Go Tigers!!! Beat Duke!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

May 10, 2024, 9:14 AM

rotating is nice. Seems that is code for somewhere in the state of NC though. Even if it is a real poor excuse for a stadium. I just remember how great baseball in Greenville got dumped because it gave Clemson an advantage. I'd love to see the Tigers beat Duke today

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 9:31 AM

I am at the ACC Tourney. The stadium isn’t MacWhorter but it isn’t terrible. It is true that there wasn’t a tremendous number of fans but the visiting teams didn’t bring many and half of the bleacher area was reserved for the team’s families etc. (there aren’t a lot of Clemson fans here for example aside from the families and even that was a bit limited yesterday). Duke itself doesn’t have great fan support partially because the stadium is in “east campus” away from the rest of the university. I will also point out that all seating is General admission and there were quite a few folks sitting under the trees on the berm in the outfield.

The field itself is pretty good.

The microphones placed in the stadium ensure that you hear the players more than the fans even under the best circumstances.

Not trying to make excuses for it, and I was certainly expecting to see more fans, all things considered it is ok. I understand that tickets are still available so I encourage everyone to come out and support the Tigers today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A big problem for fan support is the timing

May 10, 2024, 9:45 AM

Middle of the dadgum workday/weekday. That stinks. Even if it was in Greenville (where I live) it would be difficult for me to go. I know they have a lot of games to play and only so much time available, so not faulting them for that, but it still doesn't help.

Glad to hear that things there are better than they look. For the girls out on the field, though, especially for Clemson, Florida State, and others with nicer stadiums, it's gotta feel like a flashback to the traveling days or high school.

Thanks for being there to support them! I've told my wife that when I retire I want to be one of those guys that supports all the "minor" sports and travels with them. Looks like it would be a lot of fun! Not sure if that's the boat you're in or not, though, but still!

May 10, 2024, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad venue for a conference tournament ]

So, the stadium is just not photogenic? I'm glad they are playing in a place that is better than it looks.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 10, 2024, 10:26 AM

Or maybe the truth is that only family members really care. When you have a conference that stretches from Boston to Miami to South Bend, having tournaments in North Carolina just makes sense.

In a post game interview, a Duke player said, "the stands were packed".

May 10, 2024, 11:10 AM

She's either blind, a liar, or some combination of the two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: In a post game interview, a Duke player said, "the stands were packed".

May 10, 2024, 12:48 PM

Lol. All I know is Carolyn Jacobsen (who played at Duke) said they didnt get a ton of fans at Duke. So maybe thier definition of packed is a bit different than Clemson’s. 😊

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 851
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next