Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its pretty clear on this board that Brad, even after
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 51
| visibility 2,751

Its pretty clear on this board that Brad, even after

May 9, 2024, 5:43 PM

A final 8 appearance, is going to continue to have a game by game referendum (or should I say possession by possession referendum) again this season. He can’t even have a press conference in May without you all tearing apart each sentence. Give it a rest, geez.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just another post not giving CBB the credit he deserves.

May 9, 2024, 5:46 PM

Do you realize there is no coach alive that could do what he has done here?

“And I do deserve a lot of credit for that a lot because it's been a 14-year journey, and had we had a different coach or a newer young coach at the time, it wouldn't have happened.” -CBB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Just another post not giving CBB the credit he deserves.

May 9, 2024, 5:56 PM

On a serious note, I think the program is going in a new direction and will be a much better team over the next 10 years than it was overall over the last 10. I think he will get players in the portal and recruit well.

May 9, 2024, 6:24 PM

I'm certainly hoping for this scenario for hoops, and it would be great if Brad has found a new groove that he can build on and sustain. If it leads to more winning and tapping fully into the power of the Paw that's been our aura in athletics for some while - I'm for it!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh the irony ...

May 9, 2024, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Just another post not giving CBB the credit he deserves. ]

CBB recruits, wins and takes the hoops team to an outstanding season with key portal transfer contributions. Dabo Swinney will not sniff the portal and many on Tnet take a "Clemson is too ethical and high brow to utilize portal transfers" in football stance.

I do not get it. The name of the game is winning ... and supplementing the football team with a handful of quality young men in a needed position (o-line) takes a lot of work by a coaching staff. It's much easier to say "We're above that" and do nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh the irony ...

May 9, 2024, 6:52 PM

Apples and Oranges. Two different roster sizes and levels of recruiting.

May 9, 2024, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Oh the irony ... ]

I think it’s more about strategy than ethics. Those teams with high turnover require the portal to backfill. Dabo loses backups and scout teamers and dog house tenants.

If you bring in outside guys with NIL and an ounce of entitlement to a high character locker room, THAT would start the decline of Dabo’s tenure. Not everyone has to do it the same, and that’s okay. Don’t let the crooked journalists tell you otherwise

May 9, 2024, 7:19 PM

Mukuba and Collins weren’t backups, but I do agree that not everybody has to do it the same way.

Maybe he gets more top talent to commit to Clemson than if he used the portal. Taking 3 high school recruits over 1 portal player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 4:55 AM

Yeah, true a couple starters. Makuba is a good player and will be missed, kind of like Derion Kendrick going to Jawja, but I won’t miss Collins. He was kind of disappointing.

Kuba's family needed cash, plain and simple.

May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh the irony ... ]

Nothing to see here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...I just don't understand why we couldn't have paid Andrew***

May 10, 2024, 2:58 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you UCEL ... but losing to DUKE & MIA

May 9, 2024, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh the irony ... ]

IMHO represents a decline in the program. Agree with you on the journalists.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear you UCEL ... but losing to DUKE & MIA

May 10, 2024, 4:53 AM

I think it’s more dip than decline

May 9, 2024, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh the irony ... ]

So, we are the only P5 school in America that got it right and everyone else is just wrong. That is a challenging thing to accept, especially if the results don’t follow.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 4:57 AM

Black and white, right and wrong doesn’t apply. There is no one way to manage a college roster.

He did go after OL this year, but they declined

May 10, 2024, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh the irony ... ]

Oh........ that terrible 9 win season...... we are so spoiled.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

May 9, 2024, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Just another post not giving CBB the credit he deserves. ]

Imagine what he can do with say.. 25 years or even 30? We might be in for a possible Final Four by 2034 give or take a year.

May 9, 2024, 9:15 PM

Just before GOR’s expire! Sweet.

Re: Its pretty clear on this board that Brad, even after

May 9, 2024, 5:52 PM

Or... now hear me out... he could WIN something after 14 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2024, 6:01 PM

So, making the final 8 for the 2nd time in history means nothing and you think bashing him constantly until (1) he does or (2) he’s fired, is the proper way to handle this. How about let’s enjoy a decent, improved year and try to support the program for a year (not just until he loses a game or has a press conference).

We just had our best season in program history.

May 10, 2024, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Its pretty clear on this board that Brad, even after ]

Amazing that you and others find a way to minimize that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

He had a chance to be humble and speak to the

May 9, 2024, 6:03 PM
IMG_9995.gif(99.1 K)

direction and vision he has for the program but instead chose this

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He had a chance to be humble and speak to the

May 9, 2024, 6:10 PM

I give up. Yall win!

Trying to argue with folks that complain about Brad, the portal, kite hill, bullpen , EB for changing pitchers, EB for not changing pitchers, Brads press conference, Dabo’s latest hire, IPTAY, and everything else under the sun, is useless.

Good day.

With all the coaching vacancies not one came calling for him. I'm shocked

May 9, 2024, 6:16 PM

that the greatness of the world's best program builder who did it all by his lonesome, little self at Clemson went unrecognized by athletic directors across the country. What were they thinking?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elite 8

May 9, 2024, 8:01 PM

ain't bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He had a chance to be humble and speak to the

May 10, 2024, 8:04 AM [ in reply to He had a chance to be humble and speak to the ]

direction and vision he has for the program but instead chose this

Can you imagine the stress related to a job where folks publicly trash your every move and never give you credit for anything? People who would fire you immediately even though you have accomplished more in the job than any of your predecessors? My guess is he has moved past the ah shucks routine which is actually a good thing for the program.

May 9, 2024, 6:19 PM

Pretty clear he has a high opinion of himself. If there are problems along the way, he always manages to escape the consequences every time. He deserves credit for that but sooner or later his arrogance will be his fatal flaw.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

consequences for what?

May 9, 2024, 8:07 PM

I guess you mean last season, which that team just finished in the elite 8. Seems like Neff made the right call.

We've upgraded with transfers and just landed a fantastic one from Duke.

I'm looking hard for lack of progress, but coming up with nothing.

The man is working hard on that transfer trail

May 9, 2024, 7:01 PM

He’s not sitting around, he’s trying to build. Gotta give him some credit

May 9, 2024, 7:06 PM

Like you, I am appalled and embarrassed by the sheer ignorance on here.

its great having a memory that only goes back one season.***

May 9, 2024, 7:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I haven't made comments either way and my memory goes back to

May 9, 2024, 7:23 PM

sitting in the bleachers in the old field house. Things have been much worse than today.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I haven't made comments either way and my memory goes back to

May 9, 2024, 7:38 PM

I don’t comment on Coach B either. Just on the the poasters on here like JK that think bashing one coach makes another look better.

Ironically, that's why he started doing it to get a rise

May 9, 2024, 8:12 PM

out of Clemson posters here that bashed Brad relentlessly. You see far less of it now, but I hate to tell T-net they created that monster.

Blame Avoidance...

May 10, 2024, 8:40 AM

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/overcoming-destructive-anger/201811/7-consequences-blaming-others-how-we-manage-anger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I Blame You... ;~) (by the way, good link)

May 10, 2024, 9:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe an article on personal accountability would help

May 10, 2024, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Blame Avoidance... ]

those that don't know they need guidance.

Could be worse...he could start telling people he was a paid moderator***

May 10, 2024, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Blame Avoidance... ]

Awfully humorous isn't it?***

May 9, 2024, 8:46 PM [ in reply to its great having a memory that only goes back one season.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 9, 2024, 7:19 PM

I've definitely been critical, but dang, it's time for that to stop. Even I can see that. Sweet 16 and Elite 8 appearances are special.
And if you can't get behind the program after an Elite 8 appearance, that's on you.

May 9, 2024, 8:00 PM

What else are we supposed to talk about on TigerNet?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For a lot of people, one uncharacteristic run in the tournament...

May 9, 2024, 8:28 PM

is not going to erase fourteen years of largely mediocre and inconsistent results. Other programs have gotten rid of coaches with better resumes than CBB. The only way to silence the critics is to put Clemson in the NCAAT on a much more consistent basis which should have been the expectation from day one. He needs to demonstrate that his best seasons don't just ironically occur when its contract extension time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

LOL.***

May 10, 2024, 9:36 AM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 9, 2024, 9:26 PM

I think being a perennial top 10 basketball program will be awesome. Elite 8 was same as a natty in football so the bar is set now.

Look, if BB and CBB don't lose the silly games last year everyone is on the bandwagon. So let's get to a point where we win the games we should win and we compete for the toss up games....

Go Tigers! I see a time where we finish in top 10 in football basketball baseball and soccer in the same year...

The quad-fecta!!!

May 10, 2024, 7:45 AM

Probably... heck fans on here still question Dabo's every decision after all he's accomplished.
I guess it's just human nature.
Go Tigers!!!

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

People question Dabo today because we've underachieved three years in a row.

May 10, 2024, 9:36 AM

Our basketball program just had its best season in program history.

People weren't questioning Dabo like this when he had us winning at a high level.

The Lunatic Fringe Will Never Die

May 10, 2024, 8:22 AM

The Fringe is thoroughly pissed this morning. ######, BroWnell pulled a 7-footer from Duke out of the portal! Somebody has to stop this madness or he is going to win more basketball games! We just can't have that. We need to go hire a junior college coach to run this program and raise the level of this mediocre program. Death, taxes, and the Lunatic Fringe will always hate Clemson basketball and BroWnell. There is nothing better than Lunatic Fringe tears.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...

May 10, 2024, 8:43 AM

I just wish CBB would have reviewed this chart before making his comments...

https://triplecrownleadership.com/giving-versus-taking-credit/

Did we tell you the name of the game, boy? We call it riding the gravy train...

May 10, 2024, 9:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

A lot of people here are clearly butthurt that he's been so successful.

May 10, 2024, 9:34 AM

They decided years ago that they don't like him and don't want him to be our coach, so every bit of success he has really bothers them.

Re: A lot of people here are clearly butthurt that he's been so successful.

May 10, 2024, 10:53 AM

Wonder if they have one of those "Hate has no home here" signs in the front yard.

May 10, 2024, 11:37 AM

It's beyond ridiculous. I was ready to fire him multiple times myself, but clearly after an Elite Eight appearance and the incoming recruits, there is real momentum here. He has more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

Replies: 51
| visibility 2,751
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next