Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I bet this is one thing the ACC doesnt want to get out on discovery
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,301

I bet this is one thing the ACC doesnt want to get out on discovery

Mar 28, 2024, 10:17 AM

Remember when it took sooooo long to come up with the ACC network? That wasn’t the case for other conferences. I bet the biggest hurdle was Swofford holding out for 3rd tier rights for RaCom for his son.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: I bet this is one thing the ACC doesnt want to get out on discovery

Mar 28, 2024, 10:39 AM

The ACC does not want anything concerning Swofford to be discovered or used in this law suit. He was a crooked $#@#$% and the ACC and ESPN know it. If the judge allows Swofford and his son and wife to be deposed, the ACC will settle quickly because ESPN will not want it made public and will tell ACC to settle it.

So, you are correct.

This is going to be settled for 100 million or less for FSU and Clemson and UNC. At that point, ESPN is out and the ACC is dead.

SETTLEMENT>SETTLEMENT>AND MORE SETTLEMENT!!!!

FSU and Clemson will be playing in another conference in 2025.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2024, 12:32 PM

I think it will be 26 at the earliest.

FSU included this claim in their complaint so I guess it will have to be

Mar 28, 2024, 12:16 PM

Addressed by the court.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2024, 12:21 PM

That wasn't the issue. ESPN had to agree to the network. That was the stumbling block.

Mar 28, 2024, 2:14 PM

The ACC had promised the ACC that it would have a ACC network just like they did for the SEC and Fox had for the BIG. The hold up was Swofford and his son getting some backdoor deal for Raycom and that put the network on hold.

We all know you are a shill for the ACC. You just need to not be so obvious if you want o fool a few on tnet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2024, 2:26 PM

No, it wasn't. Raycom has never been part of the ESPN contract, dating all the way back to 2010. Since 2010, Raycom has only syndicated games.

ESPN never promised the ACC a network. The reason the ACC got a network is because that was part of the deal for Notre Dame joining the conference.

Mar 28, 2024, 2:52 PM

I did not say that Raycom was part of any ESPN contract. I won't waste my time explaining anything to you because you are apparently being paid by someone to push this chit defending the ACC. Nothing anyone says that is not kissing the ACC's a zz is challenged by you. We all know you hate the fact that FSU and Clemson are suing the ACC and are leaving the ACC, so why don't you just move on. I suspect you are a troll.

I will no longer feed the troll.

Mar 28, 2024, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I bet this is one thing the ACC doesnt want to get out on discovery ]

That may be true but the issue is that is part of the GOR. So Swofford promising the ACC members the ACC Netword without ESecPN agreeing to it would have been a lie when they signed the GOR.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2024, 2:28 PM

That's not correct. ESPN agreed to create an ACC network in 2016, which is when the GOR was extended to 2036. The original GOR didn't run that long.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,301
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic