Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia...
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,801

Georgia...

Apr 16, 2024, 9:34 PM

The Tigers only play Bulldogs 1 time in the regular season this season and that will be in Athens next Tuesday April 23 at 7:00 on ESPNU,wonder what the reason schedule wise for not being able to play a home game against them was.This will be the first season since 1997 that a second game in the yearly series will not be played on the diamond.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wondered that, too

Apr 16, 2024, 9:43 PM

Always a home and away.

Re: I wondered that, too

Apr 16, 2024, 9:52 PM

It's rather odd but considering how it has been a home and home series for sooooo long there has definitely got to be a reason for it and a good one at that that is for sure

Apr 16, 2024, 9:54 PM

Uga coach didn’t wanna

Apr 16, 2024, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I wondered that, too ]

SEC Covid rules.

Apr 17, 2024, 9:33 AM

More like the old standard reason. They never want to play in a venue that doesn't give them an advantage vs us. I hate playing them. Never seen a bias like that before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia...

Apr 16, 2024, 10:13 PM

The Kansas State game replaced the home Georgia game. Was not a fan of the change because I enjoyed the 2 games against Georgia each season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Georgia was the only other non-conference P5 team we'd play at home. Will be interested to see if the 2 game series returns next season or if it will be just 1 with Georgia coming to Clemson.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:53 PM

We played the coots 1 game at home - a non-conference team that is technically P5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 11:02 PM

I said "only other". Hence the word "other" I know very well we play 1 game against the coots every season. And the "only other" nonconference P5 we would play at home was Georgia.

Apr 16, 2024, 11:35 PM

You said we played Kansas State, a P5 team in Clemson. Then you said "but Georgia was the only other non-conference P5 team we'd play at home." You never mentioned the coots. That's why I assumed you were counting Kansas State and Georgia as the only non-conference P5 teams we played at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2024, 10:21 AM

Screw Georgia's pathetic baseball program and it's coach. They don't want a home and home then schedule Tennessee in Clemson and one in Knoxville. You could even do a midweek in Greenville and one at the new minor league stadium being built in downtown Knoxville.

Apr 17, 2024, 10:36 AM

SEC Czar probably looked over his horn rimmed specs, looking down on the lowly ACC and declared; "NO! We are not stooping to level of the riffraff in the ACC. We cannot soil our hands twice."

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,801
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic