Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For what its worth
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,051

For what its worth

May 10, 2024, 12:06 PM

“ Those two schools are gone from the ACC sooner than later. The ACC had a gameplan in place to drag these court cases out for as long as possible but that has changed. They are now working to settle and it is possible that settlement can happen this summer. Hopefully I didn't say to much in that paragraph. ”

https://twitter.com/genetics56/status/1788723182230233234?s=46&t=gFid4RlXn29EMJit-IHklA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he didn't say too much...

May 10, 2024, 12:09 PM

because I know he's really worried about saying too much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Loose lips sink ships or

May 10, 2024, 12:19 PM

just talk shat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For what its worth

May 10, 2024, 1:47 PM

I agree with this.

The powerful politicians, and at least half of UNC leadership as well as some very large donors want to keep UNC/NCSU in the ACC, esp. UNC.

The ACC is a BIG prestigious sports business for the state of NC. NC movers and shakers do not want the ACC to go out of business. The ACC does not really care about FSU/ Clemson. It can survive w/o them: It cannot survive w/o UNC/FSU/Clemson. History shows that 12 out of 12 schools that sued to leave a conference left. 11 of the law suits were settled out of court. The ACC does not want UNC to file a law suit. The ACC is willing to let FSU/Clemson leave and will settle quickly, while putting together a financial package to keep UNC from leaving. The ACC will match what UNC could get in the SEC/BIG by tweaking how they share the basketball revenue to highly favor UNC and BIG donors will kick in donations and the legislators will up the ante to UNC/NCSU.

The ACC will add two schools who are shoo ins for the NCAA BB tourney. Increasing the NCAA BB revenue will help offset some of the lost fb rev. Keeping the losses to FSU/Clemson will keep other teams from leaving.

The ACC wants this over with as soon as possible so as to shore up the conference and move on. They know FSU/Clemson is gone and ACC is not going to win the cases in Florida or SC courts. No need to drag it out and let other schools make plans to leave. ESPN will renew media rights contract at a lower rate.

The NC legislator has or will pass legislation stating that UNC/NCSU cannot leave the ACC w/o legislative approval. Plus, they have to play APP State, ECU and UNC Charlotte on a regular basis. The SEC and BIG are not going to take a team whose legislature dictates their schedule.

That's my take and I'm sticking to it. At least for the time being.😁😎😁😎

Message was edited by: junk yard tiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 2:16 PM

Eh, he’s wrong about realignment winding down IMO. The next step will be cutting loose teams in those two conferences that have no business being at the top in football.

May 10, 2024, 2:29 PM

I think realignment is going to wind down until after the NCAA revenue law suits are settled and the plan is implemented.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 2:31 PM

By that logic it’s wound down now since no one is moving. My point is it’s far from done. We aren’t just waiting on a few more teams.

May 10, 2024, 2:37 PM

Since it is all about adding teams that will increase eyes on games, how many teams are left that can do that nationally?

May 10, 2024, 3:04 PM

Not many - ND and then it gets pretty questionable.

Better to add via subtraction

May 10, 2024, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: For what its worth ]

I’m not taking about adds, I’m talking about subtractions. That’s still realignment.

May 10, 2024, 5:57 PM

Had not looked at that way. With revenue sharing being forced on the power 4, there may be some teams that want out of power 4. I can see that being a possibility.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,051
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next