Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you that feel like Dabo is wrong and
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 2889

For those of you that feel like Dabo is wrong and

May 21, 2024, 11:10 AM

We should be focused only on NIL and the portal I give you Jaden Rashada…

He took 150k from hurricane booster. Signed a 13 mm deal with a UF booster, borrows from UF booster to pay off Miami booster. then the UF booster cancels.. then he portals into UGA.. and now he is suing UF coach and booster.

Nope. Not Clemson. Not today, not ever.

Let’s go Dabo prove em wrong again!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: For those of you that feel like Dabo is wrong and

May 21, 2024, 11:12 AM

Say what you want about Rashada. To me, he is merely a symptom--not a cause--of what is wrong with CFB nowadays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I am definitely not blaming

May 21, 2024, 11:16 AM

The 18 year old kid being offered life changing wealth, I am blaming the corupt jock sniffer boosters at both schools that are interjecting themselves WITH THEIR TEAMS Blessing into the conversation.

The Clemson message… Come here. Do the common things in an uncommon way (go to class, work hard, be coachable, be patient) and you will be rewarded with A degrees AND NIL deals, but it is earned not given..

63-17

Re: I am definitely not blaming

May 21, 2024, 7:54 PM

And I’m assuming you can understand why they would want immediate gratification which they will get other places.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am definitely not blaming

May 22, 2024, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I am definitely not blaming ]

In an ideal world. Watch the 5 stars go grab the "given" instead of coming here to "earn".
You take a poor kid who has grown up with nothing. His family is suffering UGA offers him $500k a year and we offer him "the ability to earn a NIL deal", and you just watch where he goes.

May 21, 2024, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you that feel like Dabo is wrong and ]

If my kid was being offered $13.5M to play college football, I'd tell him to take the money.

The problem wasn't a player wanting his market value in this environment, the problem is the shady boosters screwing him by promising money they didn't have and couldn't get.

Can't expect an 18 year old to understand he needs a written contract and cash in hand, but he did have an agent and I question the agent's competence.

I'd expect this case will be settled because it's really bad publicity for the football team and their recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2024, 4:51 PM

You nailed it "can't expect an 18 year old kid to understand contracts"...

If these kids want to be paid like professional athletes, then they are responsible for their actions as professionals. They don't get a pass.

May 21, 2024, 9:33 PM

100 year colleges can't understand contracts and be trusted and you are itching about an 18 year old kid who barely knows enough to buy a bag of pot!

May 22, 2024, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: For those of you that feel like Dabo is wrong and ]

Unfortunately this won't prevent us ftom loding out to UF for a handful of recruits each year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you that feel like Dabo is wrong and ]

Hope he wins the case.

May 22, 2024, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you that feel like Dabo is wrong and ]

Bad as I hate UGA, if they offered my kid $10million and Dabo offered him "the ability to earn a Nil deal", I would tell him to get his rear end to Athens.

May 22, 2024, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you that feel like Dabo is wrong and ]

How about both!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NIL didn't turn that kid into a greedy thief.

May 23, 2024, 3:31 AM [ in reply to Re: For those of you that feel like Dabo is wrong and ]

That's what you get when a kid puts himself on the auction block. It's like going to a whoarhouse to find a wife.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a false dilemma

May 21, 2024, 11:13 AM

No I e is calling for Dabo to focus exclusively on those things.

Apparently it is a dilemma at UF Miami and maybe UGA

May 21, 2024, 11:17 AM

Just saying.. our coach does it right.

63-17

9-4 and 19 teams above us that do it differently say...

May 21, 2024, 4:39 PM

Not so fast...

Re: 9-4 and 19 teams above us that do it differently say...

May 21, 2024, 4:42 PM

I will gladly take 9-4 till I die if we do it Dabos way!

That's how...

May 21, 2024, 5:02 PM

We get decreasingly good recruit classes, no portal help, and teams that progressively worse.

I don't want to eve look back at 9-4 as success.

Re: That's how...

May 21, 2024, 8:08 PM

We get decreasingly good recruit classes, no portal help, and teams that progressively worse.

I don't want to eve look back at 9-4 as success.

Our 2025 class is ranked 4th. Best in several years.

The 2025 class isn't in campus yet.

May 21, 2024, 10:06 PM

We don't know how many or what key players will transfer out before then.

We can't rely just on recruiting if we want to be elite in football again.

I want that.

Re: That's how...

May 21, 2024, 9:35 PM [ in reply to That's how... ]

Then you give the school 20mm$ per year to support these teenage student athletes...haha!

May 21, 2024, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: 9-4 and 19 teams above us that do it differently say... ]

"I will gladly take 9-4 till I die if we do it Dabos way!"

Well that is quite sad.

Why not just make a post saying you want Tommy Bowden back. Much easier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2024, 5:14 PM

And cheaper…

2024 free_orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2024, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: 9-4 and 19 teams above us that do it differently say... ]

Tommy managed 9 wins 3 times in a decade. Dabo has met or exceeded that standard 13 out of 15 seasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 3:11 AM

If we went 9-4 in those13 seasons would everyone still be happy with Dabo?

May 22, 2024, 4:37 PM

In your scenario we didn’t go to 6 straight CFPs and win 2 national championships to readjust expectations. 9-4 for 15 seasons would be markedly superior to anything in the the previous 20 years. So the degree of spoiled, entitlement espoused on the board would be greatly minimized. Tommy Bowden held on for a decade with his miserable record on the “it could be worse” mantra.

9-4 consistently is also pretty misleading. It requires a unique combination of bombing in conference while sweeping out of conference. If the quality of the team truly collapses to that of a middle of the pack ACC team, we’re not going to win 9 games. Finishing middle of the pack in the ACC, consistently, will doom Dabo faster than only winning 9 games. They can’t make the ACC championship and only play 13 games.

Brad Brownell has managed 14 seasons of, on average, rank mediocrity. Brad’s absolute best season, as measured by final AP ranking, would rank tenth of Dabo’s fifteen. His second best would equal Dabo’s twelfth best. Every other season, would tie Dabo’s dead last 6-7 season in 2010. And he still managed a post season that year, better than Brad does half the time.

There are two, equally idiotic, factions (when it comes to discussing coaches/coachjng) that dominate this board. One believes, no matter what, they see weakness in the coach and we could always find someone better. Nevermind the abysmal success rate when replacing coaches across the spectrum of athletics. They believe that you should always roll the dice. The other side believes that the downside risk always dominates and we should never, ever fire a coach in all but an Armageddon scenario. Neither side have the critical thinking skills to make serious evaluations.

May 21, 2024, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: 9-4 and 19 teams above us that do it differently say... ]

I have no interest watching us strive for mediocrity which is what consistent 9-4 seasons brings

Then we need to pay him far less.

May 21, 2024, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: 9-4 and 19 teams above us that do it differently say... ]

We currently pay him to produce an elite program. While we are elite in the classroom, we are not elite on the football field. If we are good with the current results, then we can save about $4-$5 million a year and hire someone else.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Then we need to pay him far less.

May 22, 2024, 1:55 PM

J K livers in total delirium. Fire Dabo and save 4 or 5 mill. And get
what?
7 and 5 6 and 6, are you on another planet? 12 ten win seasons in a row,
30 wins in the last three years. Only Alabama, and I mean only Alabama, has
been a consistent playoff team. Georgia as of late, OSU, some. We are an
elite QB away from greatness. Wake up and smell the roses, not the hs spewed
here by Dabo haters.

May 22, 2024, 4:38 PM

Actually we would play virtually any legitimate successor nearly as much or be formally surrounding our place a as a power football team.

May 22, 2024, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Then we need to pay him far less. ]

Do you apply that same standard to Basketball! LOL!

May 22, 2024, 3:30 PM

Do you apply that same standard to Basketball! LOL!

Of course she doesn't. ...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: 9-4 and 19 teams above us that do it differently say... ]

I’m with you bro. Wins will mean nothing in heaven but how you play the game will mean everything. Trophies will be handed out on how you conducted your program not on bought championships.

Re: Apparently it is a dilemma at UF Miami and maybe UGA

May 22, 2024, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Apparently it is a dilemma at UF Miami and maybe UGA ]

It is the Hill Dabo has chosen to die on. Amateurs don't compete well against pros. The game changed and Dabo didn't. Sad to say I don't see any Natty's in our future until Dabo changes.

May 22, 2024, 5:48 PM

That is ok. Honor means something. I had rather win 8,9 or more with Dabs model.

May 22, 2024, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Apparently it is a dilemma at UF Miami and maybe UGA ]

Harvard does it even more right. When is last time they won a D1A Natty?

Re: That's a false dilemma

May 23, 2024, 6:37 AM [ in reply to That's a false dilemma ]

What about a society that values a 19 year old pothead who can't spell cat but we will not pay a professor a reasonable salary...I suspect Dabo can't believe the money he is being paid...the ps to a tailgate party makes old men feel young again!

May 21, 2024, 11:13 AM

ONLY on the portal? Who said that? I think most just want him to take advantage of every tool available.

I said NIL and portal. So not me.

May 21, 2024, 11:19 AM

#read

63-17

College football in 2024.***

May 21, 2024, 11:15 AM

May 21, 2024, 12:34 PM

Who said Dabo should only be focused on NIL and the portal?

That’s like saying a coach should only be focused on facilities. No one is saying that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2024, 12:35 PM

Using all the tools available to you in a thoughtful and compliant way to build a great program with a great culture, that gets good results on the field and in the classroom, is a balanced approach that seems to make a lot of sense. Adapting to change is a skill set worth teaching to young men who ultimately will have to face it in their future careers and life itself.

No offense

May 21, 2024, 12:37 PM

clemsonphi said:

We should be focused only on NIL and the portal I give you Jaden Rashada…

He took 150k from hurricane booster. Signed a 13 mm deal with a UF booster, borrows from UF booster to pay off Miami booster. then the UF booster cancels.. then he portals into UGA.. and now he is suing UF coach and booster.

Nope. Not Clemson. Not today, not ever.

Let’s go Dabo prove em wrong again!!

But sounds like you are turning an ignorant bad seed who is the exception into the rule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are guys like you who starts post like this playing dumb or is your ignorance

May 21, 2024, 1:04 PM

Sincere. No one wants Dabo to focus only on the portal and NIL; we've covered this far too many times for you to pretend you don't know that.

#gettingOld

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ONLY???...don't think anybody said he should ONLY focus on NIL/portal

May 21, 2024, 1:20 PM

Dabo's got a LOT he needs to be focused on and NIL & Portal are two of those items, but not the only items.

he needs to focus on ALL the issues that have caused Clemson Football's decline since 2018...............and if he is then he's not doing a good job of FIXING them.

Re: ONLY???...don't think anybody said he should ONLY focus on NIL/portal

May 21, 2024, 4:09 PM

See Dabo's video on the portal.....

Y'all Portal pumpers always forget one tiny...

May 21, 2024, 6:16 PM

detail. The portal takes two sides, does anyone know how many have been offered vs. how many turned us down?

we offered 3***

May 22, 2024, 3:15 PM

Or at least we offered 3 "a visit"

Three sides...

May 22, 2024, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Y'all Portal pumpers always forget one tiny... ]

The portal is a one-way street out of Clemson bright now.

That causes bad ripple effects. Those players that Dabo "develops" don't all stay. Then we have to replace them with undeveloped, younger players since we don't use the portal for replacements.

That makes us spend time and effort on developing players for the competition.

Name one person here who has said that Dabo should ONLY focus on NIL/portal.

May 21, 2024, 9:57 PM

I haven’t seen ANYONE here say that.

What many of us want is for Dabo to use all available tools to make our team better. Refusing to use the portal and saying negative things about it, as well as NIL, is stupid.

Quite simply, he isn’t earning his $11 million a year by digging his heels in on this, and it shows in the win-loss column.

He needs to do better. We should still primarily be a developmental program, but supplement that with a strong presence in the portal to address deficiencies and also replace players we lose to transfer/injury/lack of development.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I still firmly believe the portal can be used on a limited basis

May 22, 2024, 2:49 PM

without engaging in BS like that. Saban did a great job with it early on cherry picking guys like Jameson Williams and Jahmyr Gibbs. Their team chemistry never suffered. The coaches just have to do their homework evaluating these kids just like they would a HS recruit, and then the culture within the program needs to be strong from the top down (it always has been).

I've seen certain posters try to frame all of these kids in the portal as greedy, selfish, money-hungry, lazy, team-cancer types. There's just no way that is true. Thats simply a lazy take or pure spin to fit their preferred narrative.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting that Dabo is destined to fail by not using the portal. I just find these all-or-nothing straw man arguments I see on here to be completely ridiculous. There are many degrees between Dabos current portal philosophy and somebody like Deion or Mike Norvell at the other end of the spectrum.

May 22, 2024, 5:42 PM

College sports is turning into Bull Crap.

Replies: 51
| visibility 2889
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic