Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Final thoughts on the Masters. Lucas Glover acquited himself well over the
Tiger Boards - Clemson Pros
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,101

Final thoughts on the Masters. Lucas Glover acquited himself well over the

Apr 15, 2024, 7:42 AM

four days at Augusta, finishing T20. A good final round would have made that finish much higher, though.

As far as the Champion, I have to admit, I have never been a Scottie Scheffler fan. He used to play so slow, if you ever got him and Bryson DeChambeau in the same group, you had a human rain delay. But, DeChambeau took the money and went to LIV, and Scheffler, although still a "deliberate" player, learned to get most of his preshot routine stuff out of the way before it was actually his turn.

I became a fan of his yesterday. Why? Because, he played the way you want your Champion to play. He played smart when he needed to, at 11 and 12, but took on those second shots on the Par 5's at 13 and 15, and paid both of those off with great shots, a birdie at 13, and an easy par at 15. He could have laid up, but he chose to do the hard thing, in in so doing, could have given the chasers a sporting chance. His game took that chance away from the pursuers.

The fact that he did all that while keeping one ear to the phone expecting a call from a very pregnant wife that she was in labor with their first child makes what he did all the more impressive. Thankfully, for him and golf fans, that call never came. Congratulations, Scottie, you are a worthy two-time Masters Champion. Now, go be a worthy first time father.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Final thoughts on the Masters. Lucas Glover acquited himself well over the

Apr 15, 2024, 8:22 AM

Very well said. Thanks...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I be have command of Enlish language.

Apr 15, 2024, 8:33 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I be have command of Enlish language.

Apr 15, 2024, 10:47 AM

It be certainly noticeable to. Yore edumacation has payed off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 8:44 AM

Do you think he hit it in the bunker on 15 on purpose? It kind of looked like he may have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about that, but for sure, he was not going to have anything to do

Apr 15, 2024, 9:16 AM

with missing it left and short. If all you needed was par on that hole, hitting it in the bunker, which gave him the whole length of the green to work with, not having to hit it toward the water, was certainly not a bad miss.

:)

Re: I don't know about that, but for sure, he was not going to have anything to do

Apr 15, 2024, 9:31 AM

Yes. It takes a lot of potential trouble out of the equation including rolling off the back of the green and having to pitch back toward the water. I think he and Morikawa hit into the bunker intentionally on #2 also. They both made birdie there I think.

Re: I don't know about that, but for sure, he was not going to have anything to do

Apr 15, 2024, 10:02 AM

One refreshing thing I saw during the Masters was how friendly many of the pros were to fans as they walked by. Many threw balls to kids and there were many hand slaps. For you Tiger fans, he seldom did any of this and seldom smiled. Had virtually no interaction with those who supported him. Glad he finished dead last.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger was having a hard enough time just walking around that place, with all

Apr 15, 2024, 10:12 AM

his (admittedly self inflicted) injuries from the 2021 car accident that nearly took his right leg. He has never been one to interact with the fans on the course. Neither was Ben Hogan or Jack Nicklaus, for that matter. They can't all be Arnold Palmer.

Even Palmer admitted that interacting with a friendly fan near the end of the 1961 Masters caused him to lose focus, and ultimately led to a double bogey which cost him the title. He had a one shot lead, needing par to win, bogey to tie Gary Player. Instead, he chunked it all over the lot around the green, made double bogey, and learned a bitter lesson about finishing the job before you celebrate.

Apr 15, 2024, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know about that, but for sure, he was not going to have anything to do ]

That's a common tactic on #2. I've watched it used for 30 years.

Apr 15, 2024, 10:59 AM

It was also cool to see how Scottie bounced back on Saturday after a couple of bad holes.
There were a couple of players in contention that had bad holes and let them compound into bigger issues.

Scottie played smart on Sunday and finished well.

Great 2x champion!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,101
Tiger Boards - Clemson Pros
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next