Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Excited about rumor ESPN may broker deal with ACC to allow
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 4,101

Excited about rumor ESPN may broker deal with ACC to allow

Apr 15, 2024, 8:04 PM

CLEMSON & FSU leave conference But only if they both are taken by SEC..

and part of the deal would be for ESPN to reimburse ACC for its financial losses over a period of years due to losing both teams, and assure the ACC it would remain viable & a meaningful conference in the ESPN football programing plans.

Sounds like a viable fix and a legit way out!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excited about rumor ESPN may broker deal with ACC to allow

Apr 15, 2024, 8:08 PM

If that's the deal, then we should leave w/ o paying one cent. If ESPN is going to pay all of the other losers to stay, why should they charge us to leave? I say they, meaning ESPN because they control the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 8:10 PM

ESPN, ACC AND SEC do not want Fox and BIG in their backyard for many reasons. So, the deal benefits everyone. We pay zero to help them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 9:21 PM

ESPN is a big part of this problems. I dont see helping them out or following them further. Sounds like tampering. See what the market offers dont do anything w ESPN till you get other offers. YOu dragged your feet on ACCN getting going. Wise up and talk to others

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 9:56 PM

ESECPN was the one that broke college sports from the way that we all knew it, but if they are willing to help save our Clemson Tigers, I'm all for it, go Tigers to the SEC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 7:13 AM

I don't believe saving Clemson is even remotely on ESPN's agenda.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't think ESPN wants to keep Clemson and FSU off of Fox

Apr 16, 2024, 9:29 AM

then you don't understand how any of this works.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Excited about rumor ESPN may broker deal with ACC to allow ]

It maybe a way to keep Clemson and FSU quit and withdraw their lawsuits so that the ACC as a whole never learns about the dealing they had with the ACC and the GOR in the contract.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you Bill

Apr 15, 2024, 8:14 PM

Still I expect both the networks, the conferences (B1G, SEC, ACC), and Clemson/FSU will have some more cards to play in court or a pre-court settlement.

If/when Clemson & FSU leave the conference, watch out for a stampede, as the TV market for SYR, UVA, BC, WAKE, DUKE and GT Football leaves a lot to be desired.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear you Bill

Apr 15, 2024, 8:24 PM

They won't leave because they have no where to go. If ESPN is making the deal to get FSU/Clemson in the SEC, they will be no deals for any other team. ESPN will agree to pay ACC enough to equal 10% more than what BIG 12 pays which will lock the other teams in ACC because the BIG 12 would be the only alternative left. ESPN will still be paying less to ACC than what it is now paying. They will pay SEC more to offset having to pay FSU/Clemson.

This is all predicated on the ESPN wanting to save the ACC. IF that is the case, it shows how valuable a brand FSU and Clemson are to ESPN.

Keep an eye on UNC....

Apr 15, 2024, 8:37 PM

When FSU & Clemson leave (not if, but when), then I think all eyes move to Chapel Hill. Will they leave the conference that revolves around them for greener pastures in the B1G or SEC? I think they likely will. But if they stay, I think the ACC - in some reduced, sad form - will remain as an entity.

Hoping Fox comes to the table and starts a bidding war for our services.***

Apr 15, 2024, 8:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hoping Fox comes to the table and starts a bidding war for our services.***

Apr 15, 2024, 8:28 PM

🤣😁😁😁😁🤣😂😇

Fox does like lawsuits and losing money, so that may be in the cards for sure.***

Apr 16, 2024, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Hoping Fox comes to the table and starts a bidding war for our services.*** ]

winning it all this year would help with that cause.***

Apr 16, 2024, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Hoping Fox comes to the table and starts a bidding war for our services.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 9:34 PM

No need for reimbursement - just extend the current deal with the same pay schedule. No damages for the ACC to claim.

Apr 15, 2024, 11:26 PM

I hope that doesn't happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 12:29 AM

Clemson and FSU both to the SEC....the big 10 will look at UNC, Virginia

Apr 16, 2024, 6:20 AM

Clemson is just not a fit for the SEC. Be a better fit in the Big 10 or Big 12.

do what?***

Apr 16, 2024, 9:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Excited about rumor ESPN may broker deal with ACC to allow ]

Based on what?

Apr 16, 2024, 7:32 AM

You believe that junk?

Apr 16, 2024, 8:18 AM

Tired of all the speculation. Just get it over with already. Maybe take Miami and VT also

What's left of ACC could merge with the Big East to form the nation's top basketball superconference. Just thinking out loud

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 9:28 AM

ESPN could pony up the same money to the ACC to keep it intact. Do we need to leave the ACC if we can make the same amount of money and win ACC championships as ticket to CFP?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't even need to be same. Just in the ballpark***

Apr 16, 2024, 9:47 AM

or about the same percentage/comparison it was 5 years ago

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 11:47 AM

So ESPN is going to pay Clemson and fsu MORE money when they don't have to AND pay the acc more money to repair so called damage by Clemson leaving? Pure fantasy.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:35 PM

ESPN is going to pay the SEC more money for adding Clemson and FSU -- and the SEC will provide better content to ESPN (Clemson/FSU vs any SEC school not named Vandy will draw more eyeballs than Clemson/FSU vs Wake/Duke/Syracuse/BC/Pitt)

Apr 16, 2024, 3:37 PM

screw that "ACC keeps our rights and only a 50% SEC share BS" - FSU and Clemson should say, " Full shares in SEC, we keep 100% of our rights and we pay the same 1 year exit fee that OU and TX paid the big 12" or we leave outright and let the Conference burn when ESPN doesn't pick up the extension and we cut a deal with the BIG for Full Share, that can be negotiated down IF we don't gain AAU status in the next 5 years...

Apr 16, 2024, 5:57 PM

Guys, there's so many rumors that I wouldn't believe anything until the true news broke.

Replies: 28
| visibility 4,101
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic