Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deion being Deion.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 2,351

Deion being Deion.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:34 AM

At least 6 Buffs have entered the portal. It's hard to keep up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deion being Deion.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:36 AM

And it’s still early

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 10:42 AM

I'm still waiting to see how this works out for him. I don't think any other P4 programs are using the portal like Colorado is right now. They have 0 commits for the 2025 class, which is crazy to think about. So I'm sure he will bring in another 20+ transfers again next year.

I'm very skeptical on this method working out for them. I still believe recruiting matters. He has to start signing 20+ player classes for sustained success, in my opinion.

Apr 16, 2024, 11:08 AM

His recruiting is the portal. If he gets the right players, it could work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 11:54 AM

May hit for a year or 2, but not sure that method could produce a consistent Top 10-20 team long term. Of course he could possibly hit it right every year but I would think those chances would be slim.

On another note, if it is indeed monetary, and if the money is right at Colorado then he could buy whomever he wants, but not sure how deep the pockets are for Colorado football.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Apr 16, 2024, 1:12 PM

Dabo, Saban, and a few others have proven to stay successful in college coaching, you must have consistency or it will break down...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Deion being Deion. ]

I get that. I'm just skeptical that recruiting the portal over high schoolers will work. I still believe high school recruiting has the be the foundation for sustained success.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:16 PM

Meh, there are already signs that it could work. fSU isn’t much different although they are taking some HS. I think it can be done either way.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:23 PM

FSU signed 23 from HS last year. They have 4 commits so far this year.

Colorado signed 11 from HS last year. They have 0 commits so far this year.

I believe that Deion will need to start signing 20+ man classes in the near future.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Deion being Deion. ]

It's not going to work. This guy is not a good coach and he's going to fail miserably.

Apr 16, 2024, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Deion being Deion. ]

But will they get a good education? I think we can all agree that is what matters.🙄

Most of those portal players will have some experience too

Apr 16, 2024, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Deion being Deion. ]

You don't get that right out of the box from recruiting. The portal fills up with so many players, I don't think he has anything to worry about.

I agree.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Deion being Deion. ]

Plus, I am not convinced you can maintain a team-attitude with many of the portal players having a me-attitude.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Eh, wait until you see what's going on at Texas ATM.

Apr 16, 2024, 11:14 AM

I think they are approaching 20 since Nov.

Colorado now up to 9, and that is just the April portal.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:07 PM

I haven't checked to see how many in the December portal.

Apr 16, 2024, 11:23 AM

How many have Clemson and FSU lost? Losing 6 doesn’t seem like much for a program that brings in a number of transfers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the April portal, Clemson has lost 0.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:11 PM

FSU has lost 1 so far. But, it is expected there will be 8-12 guys who leave after the Spring game this Saturday and they see they are not on the two deep depth chart. We'll lose guys going into their senior year who see they won't see the field much this Fall.

Those guys are the ones who just transferred to a Div 2 or FCS team so they could play their senior year. Now, they enter the portal.

I haven't followed Deion close enough to know how many of these guys fall into that category and how many are just wanting to get out of town and how many are being told that it would be in their best interest to leave.

Re: In the April portal, Clemson has lost 0.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:17 PM

We are going to lose more than that. There had already been some smoke of a high profile DL leaving.

Apr 16, 2024, 11:56 AM

Portal karma. lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 11:57 AM

Deinon gonna Deion is true but its happening with all teams. Its just the way it is.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:27 PM

Really one of the biggest perceived benefits of a "single league" college football structure -- that will establish some guardrails that are not in place right now.

This is going to get worse, much worse, before it gets better I fear

Apr 16, 2024, 12:32 PM

He is building a team (for a given year).

He is not building a program.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:51 PM

Next set of mercenaries yer up.

Thats not team building or program building.

Apr 16, 2024, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Deion being Deion. ]

I agree. Given Colorado's record, of late, just getting some success is going to be an improvement for them and can see them then in a position to recruit from HS.

Apr 16, 2024, 1:09 PM

Deion walked into college coaching like he was going to teach college coaches everywhere how it's supposed to be done, but he will fail by the time everything he thought he knew has been used up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You seem to have beef with Prime.

Apr 16, 2024, 1:21 PM

Which means you have Prime beef. *rimshot*

Apr 16, 2024, 1:48 PM

We see the same thing in manufacturing. Some companies invest in their employees by providing benefits, training and pay a good wage. Others fill their factory with temporary workers who are basically a commodity to be used and discarded as needed.

A link in another post here says Colorado had 86

Apr 16, 2024, 2:54 PM

new players for 2023 under Sanders. How do you have 86 new players if 85 is the limit? Didn't he keep some from 2022 ? If counting non-scholarships- who would walk on to a team replacing everyone?

Apr 16, 2024, 2:54 PM

Can you blame them? Would you want to be there and watch the Shedeur Show go down the drain? BTW, who on God's green earth names a kid SHEDEUR?? What in the world is that all about?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 3:32 PM

I think this one and done mentality will mostly affect O-line and defensive backfield cohesion. You see guys who play together multiple seasons get an almost telepathic communication where they know you're pulling and how far or they feel you've got the deep route covered and can jump the underneath pass. You may have a single shut down corner or a 360 lb road grater but getting them used to playing to their potential in a overall scheme that fully utilizes their skill takes time to develop.

Replies: 29
| visibility 2,351
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic