Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Controversial Clemson development approved in close vote after heated public com
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,751

Controversial Clemson development approved in close vote after heated public com

Apr 16, 2024, 10:47 PM

https://youtu.be/y4kjUI6jCUE?si=gO8tKRcXjHJzf_67

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A central premise of serving in local, state & federal governments

Apr 16, 2024, 11:38 PM

is to steer zoning and development and to profit from such steering. It's a nuance of capitalism, and global developers and politicians have made it work for centuries. As far as students stating it's only about money, it's a cliche, but of course it's mainly about money. Wealthier students will have no trouble paying the rent. And the new construction will result in more jobs for graduated students and student families. The beat goes on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A central premise of serving in local, state & federal governments

Apr 17, 2024, 4:24 AM

Sp how much did the mayor get? 10% or much more?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2024, 10:12 PM

JUNK YARD! You're back as the dumbest guy on Tigernet. Do explain. You are a true idiot.

Apr 18, 2024, 6:41 AM [ in reply to Re: A central premise of serving in local, state & federal governments ]

10% to The Big Guy???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in theory yes . in practice no ... take city limits Greenville as an example

Apr 17, 2024, 6:01 AM [ in reply to A central premise of serving in local, state & federal governments ]

go online and look at all of the sale values of houses and commercials real estates

then calculates the income or revenue requirements

you can't make the amount of money required to acquire the properties unless you have out of state money jobs and businesses

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2024, 2:15 PM [ in reply to A central premise of serving in local, state & federal governments ]

And before long, Clemson will be Athens. (A dang over developed dump)

Re: Controversial Clemson development approved in close vote after heated public com

Apr 17, 2024, 12:25 AM

More is not always better.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

This sucks! But predictable ***

Apr 17, 2024, 3:04 AM

Re: Controversial Clemson development approved in close vote after heated public com

Apr 17, 2024, 7:01 AM

Nationwide problem. Not just happening at Clemson. That said, what solutions can Clemson University design for affordable student housing on-campus?

I get it But..

Apr 17, 2024, 9:50 AM

maybe the Globalists are right, Less Peoples so less crowding thus less density thus LESS Is MORE.

Geez, did this conservative say that.

OK, when is the Grand Opening party?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get it But..

Apr 17, 2024, 10:02 AM

Comrade, zee vill own nothing and eat bugs and be happy.😁

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2024, 10:36 PM

Remember the Georgia 'Key Stones'?

1) Gonna have to get the world population
down to 500 million.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2024, 3:31 PM

You sure about that number? The world hasn’t been that sparely populated since before the 1700s, maybe you meant 5 billion?

Apr 17, 2024, 10:29 PM

Why do residents feel like they get to demand what is built on property bought by developers that is not breaking any zoning codes?

I am sorry that you do not want anymore development. Shocker…..NOBODY DOES. The property was eventually going to be developed by someone.

What is the issue here? They want to build apartments, so what?

Apr 18, 2024, 6:52 AM

I am one of the resident libs on the bored and even I don’t see the problem.

If they are building luxury apartments that the students can’t afford then won’t it fail?

Doesn’t more inventory bring down rent prices?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the issue here? They want to build apartments, so what?

Apr 18, 2024, 3:01 PM

This is basically residents saying we do not want anymore development which happens in every single growing city in America.

I hate to tell them, but they do not own the property. If they wanted less development they should have bought the property and done with it what they pleased.

Apr 18, 2024, 5:33 PM

The problem the residents have is that the development/growth is happening faster than the city can keep up, ie infrastructure/traffic management. Developers buy some land for a million dollars, build, make their millions, and leave the problems for the locals to figure out. Look at the areas surrounding Charleston and Columbia. The areas/communities between Clemson and Anderson are now urbanized. Small town Pendleton is no more.
They are going to have to build a new high school to keep up with the growth.

But hey, as long as the apartments, slab house subdivisions aren’t in your backyard…right?

Apr 18, 2024, 3:38 PM [ in reply to What is the issue here? They want to build apartments, so what? ]

Their building them for the illegal aliens so they won’t have a problem paying as long as Uncle Sam is footing the bill 🤣😂

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Seems most colleges have gotten out of the housing business

Apr 18, 2024, 6:28 PM

It’s a shame…I loved living on campus

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,751
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic