Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any scuttle butt on CBB contract?
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 44
| visibility 2,251

Any scuttle butt on CBB contract?

May 2, 2024, 2:38 AM

I am out of the country with limited connections. Thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: Any scuttle butt on CBB contract?

May 2, 2024, 7:00 AM

Not a peep. I think they are keeping it quite to aggravate the LF.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think giving him a contract extension is what would aggravate his detractors

May 2, 2024, 7:11 AM

Contract controversy probably suits the detractors just fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I think giving him a contract extension is what would aggravate his detractors

May 2, 2024, 8:59 AM

Contract controversy probably suits the detractors just fine.

They post about it every week so apparently it is of great interest to them. Probably mentioned several times on their weekly group fax.

May 2, 2024, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Any scuttle butt on CBB contract? ]

First, learn to spell or buy a dictionary. Quiet is a different word then quite.
Second, the LF are the ones who accept mediocrity. The majority want better than we have gotten for the past 13+ years.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 7:20 AM

Oh yeah because we have always been such a hoops powerhouse. SMDH

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CBB has a steady program

May 2, 2024, 7:43 AM

FACT...... it's time to except reality.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CBB has a steady program

May 2, 2024, 10:57 AM

I don’t think you understand the meaning of the word “fact”.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Any scuttle butt on CBB contract? ]

He’s being offered a job by BOSTON College so this thing might not go our way or it might depends how u look at it!

Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 2, 2024, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Any scuttle butt on CBB contract? ]

Who voted, or was it a rigged election?

May 2, 2024, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Any scuttle butt on CBB contract? ]

First, learn to spell or buy a dictionary. Quiet is a different word then quite.
Second, the LF are the ones who accept mediocrity. The majority want better than we have gotten for the past 13+ years.

Unfortunately, I do not take advise from the LF given your delusional nature.

May 2, 2024, 9:47 AM

advise?

May 2, 2024, 10:28 AM

BBBB Fan said:

advise?

advise
əd-ˈvīz
VERB
advised; advising
to give (someone) a recommendation about what should be done : to give advice to
caution, warn
to give information or notice to : inform
to give a recommendation about what should be done

May 2, 2024, 11:03 AM

You’re so close. Should I diagram your original sentence for you? I don’t like grammar nazis but if you respond to one and double down on being wrong - oof.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 1:01 PM

Refer to my post (above) concerning the LF...

I do not advice following this post***

May 2, 2024, 3:24 PM

The word you are looking for is "advice"

May 5, 2024, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Any scuttle butt on CBB contract? ]

Idiot.

Wrong, wrong, wrong

May 2, 2024, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Any scuttle butt on CBB contract? ]

The Lunatic Fringe wants a firing after every loss. The Lunatic Fringe refuses to enjoy winning basketball or give Coach BroWnell any credit for the solid program he has built at Clemson. Almost 50 victories in the past two seasons in the chaos of college basketball. Take a seat and be quiet. And in the future when you write Lunatic Fringe spell it out. Unless you are trying to hide your membership by typing LR.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong

May 2, 2024, 10:49 AM

The lunatic fringe are supporters of CBB. The majority want him gone.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Not that it matters - but you are wrong. The 7 people on here who support the

May 6, 2024, 9:24 AM

mediocrity of the last 14+ years have labelled the ones of us that want Brownlee fired today - the Lunatic Fringe.

It is the vast majority of us who want him gone - but corncobber & his scoks have labelled us the Fringe - the Lunatic Fringe.

The 7 people (scoks included) that grovel at the feet of our doorknob leader are called the cult.

This is the correct vernacular - learn it and use it right . . . . or don't - I don't care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong

May 2, 2024, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Wrong, wrong, wrong ]

The Elite 8 was good but his one year consecutive streak of making the NCAA tourney is not exactly the definition of a “solid program”. Get over yourself.

On orders from the asylum commandant?***

May 2, 2024, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Wrong, wrong, wrong ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

May 2, 2024, 7:53 AM

Don't know for sure but my best guess is 57 million/27 year contract. That seems like something we would do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 9:22 AM

That sounds good, as long as there is a note in there saying something like if we want to get out at any point in the next 27 years we only owe $5 billion and the first born of all alumni.

May 2, 2024, 8:09 AM

Not a word and I am very concerned.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No idea but if one were to guess

May 2, 2024, 9:31 AM

the fact that we hear nothing probably means:

A) No one else is extending a job offer to Brad Brownell

B) Our AD, like most of us, know that this season under Brad is the exception not the norm. Brad’s past performance indicates that the salary he receives is more than enough based off of his career at Clemson.

C) Because A and B are true there is no need to renegotiate Brad’s contract.

That’s just good business sense.

I could be wrong. We will see.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No idea but if one were to guess

May 2, 2024, 9:53 AM

If you dig a little deeper you will see an uptick in results over the last four years which coincides with additional investment in the program.

May 2, 2024, 11:20 AM

He’s won 6 more games in the last 4 years than he won in his first 4 years. That’s 1.5 more wins per season than his first four years. Conveniently he’s playing 2 more conference games against a diluted ACC schedule. Average conference SRS (Sports Reference “simple rating system to compare teams and conferences across time) his first 4 years was 10.2 and the last was 9.5. So, if you dig deeper, you’ll see the uptick isn’t particularly profound.

So, the uptick is really just a plain tick, with no up attached?

May 2, 2024, 12:35 PM

I've said it before, if EYE were Nerf, I would just rollover BB's contract, lower the buyout, maybe add some incentives that would give him more money in the event of continued success next season. If he were not happy with that, I would tell him he is free to seek other opportunities.

The fact that we are hearing nothing could well mean all that has already taken place, and BB hasn't FOUND any of those opportunities, and is not happy about it, but doesn't know what to do about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: No idea but if one were to guess ]

Made a post season tournament in three of the last four years and won 20+ games in each of the last two years so yes, it is an uptick. Only a LF member with an agenda would say it is not an uptick.

May 2, 2024, 11:32 PM

A tick is an apt metaphor. I’ll give you that.

May 3, 2024, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: No idea but if one were to guess ]

But do NIT wins really count? Can't have it both ways. 2014 was totally "pimped out" with those W's. Your words, not mine.

Go Tigers!

May 3, 2024, 5:41 PM

Everything counts

May 4, 2024, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: No idea but if one were to guess ]

I see one instance of my using the word “pimp” and it had nothing to do with the NIT.

https://www.tigernet.com/search/site/new.do?q=Pimped+out&df=any&boardPage=1&newsPage=1

I notice that was in reply to Clemson Mountaineers. Did you just out yourself? Would explain a lot.

May 4, 2024, 9:14 PM

Yes or no?

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/thread/brad-brownell-14-21-postseason-record-(nit,-acc,-ncaa)-2243503

Why do you keep trying to link me to others? I was here first!

I personally feel and have always stated that the NIT clause in the contract is garbage. You apparently agree. At least you used to. Your inconsistency is pretty glaring.

Tough to remember all your crap posts? It’s ok. Kinda like all the other Clemson sports fans on here after a loss. Your words too .

May 5, 2024, 12:51 AM

Now that I see the reference you’re making (your obsession with me is also very reminiscent of one Mr. Mountaineer) it doesn’t point to any inconsistency. I quoted Brownell’s postseason wins, including the NIT, and made that remark only when prompted by another user. As usual, your zeal to play gotcha falls flat.

May 5, 2024, 8:58 AM

I would actually say your obsessions with one another were pretty apparent to the masses on here.

A better comparison might be to years 2-5 vs 1-4. Should year 1 count given it was pretty much Purnell’s squad? Pretty sure I heard that somewhere. Of course we should place and asterisk by those NIT wins too. Not where we should be aspiring to be. My opinion.

How do the losses compare? That’s part of the equation too.

May 5, 2024, 11:59 AM

Why are you dredging up threads you weren’t involved in, from a time you weren’t active on this board and pretend that you aren’t using more than one scock?

May 6, 2024, 8:33 AM

The ole scock defense. A tried a true deflection I guess.

Only one account here. Hate to disappoint you. Carry on and keep picking and choosing what to report, regardless of your previous stances.

Always thought you and olemike (and/or Andy the Tiger) were one and the same too FWIW. Him ripping Clemson players and you thumbs upping him.

May 6, 2024, 8:03 PM

I asked a question so your reply is textbook deflection. Again, how were you aware of a specific word usage from March of 2023, that the search tool didn’t find, from a thread that you were not party too? If you’re not using a scock then you’re obsessively reading through my old posts. I’m flattered, but I don’t find you remotely interesting enough to reciprocate.

May 7, 2024, 8:44 PM

Google has all the answers. Maybe try your screen name and maybe “NIT”or “pumped” something. You’ve got like 20 years of posts. Im sure its difficult to remember all your rants. Happy to assist.

Tigernet search ain’t perfect, but it’s ours.

Go Tigers!

May 5, 2024, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: No idea but if one were to guess ]

Allowat® said:

Yes or no?

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/thread/brad-brownell-14-21-postseason-record-(nit,-acc,-ncaa)-2243503

Why do you keep trying to link me to others? I was here first!

I personally feel and have always stated that the NIT clause in the contract is garbage. You apparently agree. At least you used to. Your inconsistency is pretty glaring.

Tough to remember all your crap posts? It’s ok. Kinda like all the other Clemson sports fans on here after a loss. Your words too .

The LF has lost any logical reason to hate on CBB so all they have left is to try and discredit those who support our coach.

May 5, 2024, 9:08 AM

Brownell has 14 years of statistics to pick and choose from. Likewise, certain posters have YEARS of posts on here. They seem to show an inconsistency from year to year in what should be measured as the standard and what should not.

May 5, 2024, 1:25 PM

All but the fringe understands the early years with little support and crappy facilities. All but the LF brotherhood can see an uptick in performance the last few years which follows the increased support. Oddly enough, JK argued this would happen but was always shouted down by the delusional few. Wondering if I simply missed the banquet of crow?

May 6, 2024, 9:19 AM

I really don’t get the interest and concern about this. What’s the big deal?

Zero interest here.

Replies: 44
| visibility 2,251
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next