Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A D and Clemson leaving ACC
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,401

A D and Clemson leaving ACC

May 12, 2024, 7:10 PM

Anyone here concerned about the competency of our leadership regarding leaving the ACC?
Have anyone of you heard of interest by either the SEC or Big 10, for sure, being interested in us?
Who heads this ship?
Help me here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zero concerns....

May 12, 2024, 7:23 PM

None.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they not call you up first?***

May 12, 2024, 7:28 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A D and Clemson leaving ACC

May 12, 2024, 7:31 PM

We wouldn't be spending a million dollars to sue the ACC if anyone in leadership plus the state legislature which approved the attorney fees if the leaders were concerned about leaving. I think they are more concerned about us getting stuck in the ACC And losing hundreds of millions.

The SC attorney general has approved almost $500,000 through June 30. The new fiscal year begins July 1, so they will probably approve another million plus.

From what I read, the fees approved are not coming from tax payer money. I will try to find the article and link it.

Message was edited by: junk yard tiger®

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson/clemson-university-atlantic-coast-conference-lawsuit-legal-fees/article_28043142-0ef2-11ef-9b8f-cb1dd4cf8291.html

Message was edited by: junk yard tiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 8:25 PM

Why would the SEC or B1G speak out loud about it and risk being sued for interference by that incompetent bunch in Charlotte until FSU and Clemson are free?

May 12, 2024, 8:26 PM

Exactly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 8:46 PM

Does anybody really think that Clemson is going to tip their hand publicly?

For what purpose? Same goes for any conference interested in Clemson for a landing spot.

Your assumption the Clemson is being run by nitwits who need to satisfy public curiosity in order to build a successful exit strategy is not very plausible, nor is it how smart people get things done.

This is all being handled privately, and strategically.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 9:05 PM

Clemson leadership is very competent unlike Cooterville u!!

May 12, 2024, 9:07 PM

Our leadership has very little to do with leaving the ACC. First, the GOR court case has to be decided, there has to a need from another conference (why does the Big10 or SEC need another member), and we have to be an overall better date than the other ACC schools if another conference is looking.

If ACC teams make the football Playoffs and have deep runs in the basketball tournament, the money will follow.

May 13, 2024, 1:02 AM

On that last part when have they done that? That’s the problem. The acc hooked its horse to basketball and high doesn’t su most of the bills and is not the most important.

May 12, 2024, 9:11 PM

I believe Clemson and FSU are both B10 bound

May 12, 2024, 9:42 PM

Bwak, bwak, buccaw!

May 12, 2024, 10:29 PM

I understand being nervous because most of this information has been kept close to the vest. But look at the situation. Clemson is suing the ACC. Who do you think made that call? Who approved it? It wasn’t Dabo. It was people higher on the food chain. The fact that a lawsuit was filed is evidence that someone at the top is guiding the ship.

May 12, 2024, 10:40 PM

B1G seems very stuck on AAU certification and does not appear interested in taking any schools that don’t have it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 11:28 PM

Nebraska is not AAU.

May 13, 2024, 11:55 AM

I believe Nebraska was when they joined the Big 10 and lost it shortly thereafter. They've had plenty of years to get it back. I'm not sure how rigid the Big 10 is about AAU any more. Maybe the school presidents but nowadays the TV Benjamin$ seem to be carrying a lot more weight and influence.

I think the B1G would kick Nebraska out if they could

May 13, 2024, 3:43 PM

They made a mistake and probably regret admitting them. They bring absolutely zero to the table.

At least Kansas has basketball tradition.

That is not necessarily true***

May 13, 2024, 4:27 AM [ in reply to Re: A D and Clemson leaving ACC ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: A D and Clemson leaving ACC ]

The B1G is a good fit for Clemson in terms of academics and sports. Clemson is adding the Vet school and will end up with AAU certification. After Clemson quietly filed the lawsuit and caught the ACC off guard, I have no worries about the quality of the school’s leadership guiding the leaving of the conference.

May 13, 2024, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: A D and Clemson leaving ACC ]

slwcu79® said:

B1G seems very stuck on AAU certification and does not appear interested in taking any schools that don’t have it.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/football/2023/6/8/23753325/aau-membership-not-requirement-join-big-ten-conference-florida-state-clemson-oregon-2023

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Not at all.***

May 13, 2024, 2:17 AM

I was worried until we filed our lawsuit - now relieved

May 13, 2024, 4:21 AM

If we don’t clear up this GOR cloud hanging over our head, we will never get an invite and will be left out of the P2 and stuck in a dead end ACC forever. The financial losses and lack of TV coverage will be catastrophic if we get stuck out of P2.

So we are on right track now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 7:44 AM

Zero concerns. I see the ACC office is chiming in on Tigernet again

really hope the Big 10 isn't a destination.

May 13, 2024, 8:01 AM

If its not SEC i'd just assume go down with the ship in theACC

Re: really hope the Big 10 isn't a destination.

May 13, 2024, 5:31 PM

"Going down with the ship" is not an option.

Right now the B1G schools are still filthy rich, but much of the Rust Belt is moving South and bringing their retirement money with them.

After all, their $ just means more down here.

Over the next generation the conference rivalry will boil down to two entities: the SEC and the anti-SEC. Clemson, already rooted in the Sun Belt and with economic stability and rich traditions, will be a highly sought recruit for the anti-SEC crowd.

Only time will tell if joining the nouveau carpetbaggers is a wise decision. We might not live that long.

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,401
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next