Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
70 Days Before Clemson/FSU Leave ACC
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 34
| visibility 1,801

70 Days Before Clemson/FSU Leave ACC

Apr 23, 2024, 2:01 AM

Judge Cooper sent case to Mediation. Court case continues but they have to also be in mediation. This will boil down to settling the exit fee. The GOR s dead. 75 million is my guess. If it ends up being heard to a verdict by Judge Cooper, the ACC will be lucky to get two one way Greyhound Bus tickets back to Charlotte.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you continue to think this is an easy settlement? If it's $75m for FSU it

Apr 23, 2024, 7:33 AM

is effectively the same for everyone. UNC will have a landing spot before FSU, and Clemson will join them all once they have one as well. ACC can't do that for a measly $225m.

It's worth fighting for in court.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong***

Apr 23, 2024, 7:50 AM

Very instructive comment. Which part?***

Apr 23, 2024, 8:05 AM

UNC is not going first.

Apr 23, 2024, 9:12 AM

Where in the world you coming up with that?

UNC will not be first to leave the conference, but if FSU settles for $75m to

Apr 23, 2024, 9:41 AM

leave I do think that UNC will immediately bolt first and they will have a chance to be first, or co-announced, with whoever else gets the first landing spot.

wrong

Apr 23, 2024, 10:00 AM

Seems theres some confusion ?

Apr 23, 2024, 10:13 AM [ in reply to UNC will not be first to leave the conference, but if FSU settles for $75m to ]

“UNC will have a landing spot before FSU, and Clemson“

Just kinda making it up as you go I see.

No, comes from personal connections in the UNC community, and from their

Apr 23, 2024, 1:34 PM

current Board.

You sound like an academia-type with this communication IN THE SAME SENTENCE:

Apr 23, 2024, 1:39 PM

Opening statement: "UNC will not be first to leave the conference"

and then - 8 words later:

"I do think that UNC will immediately bolt first"

Maybe there is a typo in there - but . . . . lol . . . .

Okay, Professor . . . . lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I should have said 'break up the conference' but once the dollar figure is

Apr 23, 2024, 1:54 PM

set, and if it's the paltry $75m that the poster speculated, then UNC would be the first to time a new home and effectively the first to leave.

Sure it does. Wrong.***

Apr 26, 2024, 7:57 AM [ in reply to No, comes from personal connections in the UNC community, and from their ]

Re: Seems theres some confusion ?

Apr 23, 2024, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Seems theres some confusion ? ]

Yea BigTen would like another criminal school UNC

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TEK

Apr 24, 2024, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Seems theres some confusion ? ]

Hoping FSU and my Clemson go 6-6 for first 10 years in new conference. My 60 years as Clemson fan seems like it coming to an end. Also hoping Texas and OU go 6-6 for their first 10 years in SEC conference.

TEK

Apr 24, 2024, 9:15 PM

Sounds like a weird hill to die on. Clemson bettering itself makes you angry? Have you been to Clemson lately? Have you seen what the football exposure has done for the community and college alike. I get it if you don’t like the growth but if you are not growing you are dying. It’s totally unreasonable for things to stay the same. They haven’t sent Clemson was started.

Apr 26, 2024, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Seems theres some confusion ? ]

Well, BYE!

Re: Why do you continue to think this is an easy settlement? If it's $75m for FSU it

Apr 23, 2024, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Why do you continue to think this is an easy settlement? If it's $75m for FSU it ]

ACC is dead. Funeral home is on standby. When CLEMSON, FSU, UNC exit, what is left is not worth television. When the lawsuit Kessler has against the power 5 for 1 billion dollars in back pay for NIL pay, and a percentage of the revenues generated by each conference team being paid to player's, which may equal 16 million per team, the ACC will be bankrupt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which leads to my comment and questions, why in the world would the ACC

Apr 23, 2024, 9:07 AM

settle for $75m per school? It doesn't make any logical sense, especially if you are correct in this splurge of an outlook.

Re: Why do you continue to think this is an easy settlement? If it's $75m for FSU it

Apr 24, 2024, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do you continue to think this is an easy settlement? If it's $75m for FSU it ]

Hope Clemson University goes bankrupt.

TEK

Apr 24, 2024, 9:09 PM

Why? No fan would say that. Which begs the question if you are not a fan why are you here?

The ACC may not have much of a choice...

Apr 23, 2024, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Why do you continue to think this is an easy settlement? If it's $75m for FSU it ]

particularly after what happened in court yesterday.

The ACC admitted that ESPN has no broadcast rights for FSU games once FSU leaves the conference which could mean a death sentence for the GOR.

Also, the Florida judge certainly implied that the fee to leave is excessive. He even went so far as to say that just because two parties enter into a contract, if the contract includes unreasonable or overly punitive penalties, it could be voided.

I think it is unlikely the judge is going to rule in favor of the ACC for having a half-a billion dollar exist penalty. After yesterday, both the ACC and ESPN know that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 23, 2024, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Why do you continue to think this is an easy settlement? If it's $75m for FSU it ]

Clemson lost their freaking minds. Leaving ACC without a place to go but even if to super conference that will keep Clemson FSU from final 12. I give NCAA 5 more years and NCAA FB is done.

TEK

Apr 23, 2024, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Why do you continue to think this is an easy settlement? If it's $75m for FSU it ]

Folks keep forgetting that just because UNC hasn't filed a lawsuit yet that doesn't mean they are a prime candidate for leaving. I don't personally see it but thats what the experts say at least.

Apr 24, 2024, 9:11 PM

Who is going to want NCSt because as of right now they are joined at the hip?

Re: 70 Days Before Clemson/FSU Leave ACC

Apr 23, 2024, 9:24 AM

I'd like us to drop the ACC like first period AP Calculus but if we leave the ACC in 70 days and Football kicks off in 130, will 60 days be enough to meld into SEC or B1G? I wonder if any work is being done by either conference to address the possibility of FSU, Clemson or both coming on board?

Not how it works

Apr 23, 2024, 9:37 AM

You have until August to announce you're leaving for the NEXT season. Clemson and FSU will be in the ACC for 2024 no matter what.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not how it works

Apr 23, 2024, 9:50 AM

They will play the 2024 ACC schedule, but will announce by June 30, 2024, they are out of ACC. So effectively, they are no longer in ACC and can start making plans with SEC OR BIG.

Not how works. They will still be a member institution until the exit date

Apr 23, 2024, 10:23 AM

receiving a contribution.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not how works. They will still be a member institution until the exit date

Apr 23, 2024, 1:37 PM

Hopefully when announce they are leaving ACC their funds are stopped. I’m Clemson fan of 60 years and I am now totally embarrassed to be Clemson fan. New Clemson AD needs fired and sent to mental hospital.

TEK

Apr 23, 2024, 1:45 PM

Are you getting homesick for the ACC already ?

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC is second rate

Apr 23, 2024, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Not how works. They will still be a member institution until the exit date ]

They DID nothing to improve football in the last decade. I want Clemson out of it. I am embarrassed by some of our fans who want Clemson to remain in the rut of the ACC. There did I do it right? Go Tigers!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2024, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Not how works. They will still be a member institution until the exit date ]

A Clemson fan of 60 years that's more loyal to the ACC than Clemson. hahahaha

Re: Not how it works

Apr 23, 2024, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Not how it works ]

Who is going to pay FSU / Clemson more than the ACC is?

Apr 23, 2024, 2:03 PM

Texas and OU left a stable Big 12 a year early for $100 million / $50 million each. The ACC is not going let schools out of their deal 12 years early for any amount, certainly not $75 million.

Apr 24, 2024, 7:44 PM

I do think there will ultimately be some kind of settlement but I do not think it will be within the next 70 days...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1,801
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next