Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since my reply to Judge Keller is buried in his uninformed thread
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 3027

Since my reply to Judge Keller is buried in his uninformed thread

May 18, 2024, 9:43 PM

Actual football people agree with Dabo and his approach to the portal. And yes Brady Quinn, who is paid as a top analyst at Fox and played high level NFL football and Lavar Arrington, a college football HOFer and pro bowl NFL player count. They are just echoing what you hear from people who actually know the landscape of college football and have no other agendas… like even some Clemson “fans” do 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://youtu.be/6UFvAwO_C7s?si=KXYyiwipWUAlp3G2

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since my reply to Judge Keller is buried in his uninformed thread

May 18, 2024, 9:48 PM

Who???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2024, 9:49 PM

The guy who blindly follows a coach who hasn't done anything meaningful in 14 years

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2024, 9:51 PM

aka troll......... LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We just went to the Elite 8***

May 18, 2024, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Since my reply to Judge Keller is buried in his uninformed thread ]

Re: We just went to the Elite 8***

May 19, 2024, 2:09 AM

So top 8 is excellence? Recent threads regarding football (JK participating) called top 4 “regressing” and “teams passing us”. Let’s face it, we have reached the pinnacle in football, and have been a footnote at best in MBB.

Yes, it was excellent...It's called the Elite Eight, not the Mediocre Eight***

May 19, 2024, 3:16 AM

Re: We just went to the Elite 8***

May 19, 2024, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: We just went to the Elite 8*** ]

Yes I would say so as well. Finished in teh Elite 8 is a win!! BUT . I'm not ready to marry Brad. Its one year. Let's see it continue.

May 19, 2024, 6:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Since my reply to Judge Keller is buried in his uninformed thread ]

a7xgates® said:

The guy who blindly follows a coach who hasn't done anything meaningful in 14 years

Guess you slept through the tournament in march?

47 Wins Past Two Seasons

May 19, 2024, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Since my reply to Judge Keller is buried in his uninformed thread ]

Sweet 16, Elite 8, two wins in Chapel Hill (the only two wins in Chapel Hill in school history), 18.9 wins per season at school where a majority of the fans do not care about basketball, a majority of fans have never have cared about basketball, and majority of fans will never will care about basketball; 3.37 record team GPA = Meaningful. Some of you jerks need to get on board and get off of BroWnell's ###. The Lunatic Fringe never disappoints.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that cute...

May 19, 2024, 12:12 PM

...you posted with both scoks in the same thread. How pathetic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Isn't that cute...

May 19, 2024, 1:34 PM

Even PJ Hall, who was 8 when Brownell became head coach, only thinks it is "arguable" that he's the best Clemson coach. Talk about damning with feint praise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Isn't that cute...

May 20, 2024, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Isn't that cute... ]

moab® said:

...you posted with both scoks in the same thread. How pathetic.

<

Good catch Moob! You should be an undercover detective...

Re: 47 Wins Past Two Seasons

May 20, 2024, 8:02 AM [ in reply to 47 Wins Past Two Seasons ]

Who are these “majority of fans who don’t care about basketball?” Myself and Every Clemson fan I know is very enthusiastic about basketball. They’re just sick of Brad. Elite eight was great, but if you leave a blind mouse in a maze long enough, it’s gonna find its way out.

Re: 47 Wins Past Two Seasons

May 20, 2024, 11:28 AM

Let's see if Brad can make the NCAAT in back-to-back seasons and win more than one game in the ACCT. The only thing Brad has done that has never been done at Clemson is win at Chapel Hill.

May 18, 2024, 9:51 PM

yep, eventually this will have to come back to actually graduating, learning, etc vs just a NFL minor league. Dabo is spot on with his graduating players.... including ones that are actually transferring. LMAO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2024, 10:09 PM

Yeah not sure how saying that only maybe the top 2-3% of portal players would be good enough to play after Clemson is even debatable. Same goes for the remainder of the top programs. Most portal players left because they weren't playing enough so saying they'd suddenly come here and contribute is silly, at least for the vast majority of them which is what he said. Nothing even remotely controversial.

Dabo sometimes says the quiet part out loud.

May 19, 2024, 12:26 AM

I recommend that he stop doing that.

That’s how he gets a reputation for being anti portal, anti NIL, etc.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Dabo sometimes says the quiet part out loud.

May 19, 2024, 12:43 AM

Exactly. He can’t help but open his loud mouth. His arrogance is going to be the end of him

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2024, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Dabo sometimes says the quiet part out loud. ]

Add to that, he is constantly responding to the “outside noise” while articles are being posted that the team isn’t listening to “outside noise” so hypocritical….. great players made Dabo. Great players that HE recruited and made Clemson home for…. Those days are done. His ways aren’t going to get it done. We have no QB because of Dabo. Should’ve thrown bank at the best QB we could’ve gotten in the portal and told Cade to kick rocks. Worst QB in the southeast……and save the comments. These are the NIL days.
They’re rich they’re not children. Get over it

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2024, 6:03 AM

Do you honestly believe we have deep enough pockets to compete in the money grabs for the top players?

Well, we are clearly competing for and getting some top high school players.

May 19, 2024, 11:23 AM

We should also be able to do the same for transfer portal players.

It’s hilarious how money is used as an excuse for not getting transfers, yet it never seems to be an issue for high school recruits.

The spin here never ceases to amaze me.

We aren’t getting transfer portal players for two big reasons:

1. Dabo has earned a reputation for being against it. He has criticized the portal as well as players in it on multiple occasions. His assistant coach has even called players in the portal quitters.

2. A lack of desire and interest by our staff. Their heart isn’t in it. They don’t put forth their best effort to get portal players.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Well, we are clearly competing for and getting some top high school players.

May 19, 2024, 6:00 PM

Spot on with this post JK. I know you catch a ton of s*it and honestly some is deserved but on this point… we fully agree and I’ve said the exact same thing in other threads.

Dabo just wants the “appearance” that he’s trying in the portal when in reality… we’re not bc Dabo doesn’t want that.

As others said in this thread… Dabo is on this ledge all by himself… if it works then then yes a lot of people… myself included… will have to apologize and admit wrong but if it doesn’t… we fall further and further behind with each passing year.

My stance on this is clear… we will never win another national championship with Dabo at the helm unless he starts using the portal for real. I hate it as much as anyone but that’s what I believe. I’m sorry but you can’t constantly lose guys and replace them with 100% freshmen. That leads to a youth movement year after year and 18-19 year olds ain’t beating 21-22 year olds consistently.

If I’m wrong then I’ll be right here to get my serving of the humble pie and I really truly hope I will be wrong but to this point… it’s been consistent regression for the last 3/4 years.

Please don’t feed me the whole… we were 1 win away from the playoffs 2 years ago… yeah we were… and we let the c*cksuckers come into our house and break our streak which would have never happened when we were winning big.

Re: Well, we are clearly competing for and getting some top high school players.

May 19, 2024, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Well, we are clearly competing for and getting some top high school players. ]

You should pay attention to recruiting before commenting on it. Most HS recruits looking for nil normally do not end up with us. I do not disagree that Dabo does not like the portal or care to use it but if he did we can’t outbid the larger schools with deeper pockets. If you can’t see that take off your blinders.

May 19, 2024, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo sometimes says the quiet part out loud. ]

So now you and JK both know how to run a football program better than Dabo??

He’s in charge and has earned the leeway he is given to run the program how he sees fit. Maybe you should get over that.

Ah yes, youre one of those who think Dabo cannot be questioned.

May 19, 2024, 8:22 PM

The cult has you very well programmed.

May 19, 2024, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Dabo sometimes says the quiet part out loud. ]

I recommend he just keep being Dabo. It has served him pretty well so far

2024 free_orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2024, 1:13 PM

Problem is college football has changed … immensely … and not necessarily for the good. Don’t know many coaches that like it, but most embrace it.

I would never say CDS should change his stance, but if Clemson moves backwards in any way by season’s end he is leaving himself wide open for major criticism. I mean wide open …

He’s out in the ledge - alone on this one. If he’s right he’s a hero.

Just not nearly as well the last few years.***

May 19, 2024, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo sometimes says the quiet part out loud. ]

Dabo has always provided trolls such as yourself plenty of material

May 19, 2024, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Dabo sometimes says the quiet part out loud. ]

to work with. That's part of his secret sauce that helps better identify the haters in the midst.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo has always provided trolls such as yourself plenty of material

May 19, 2024, 1:15 PM

I think the trolls on any forum is not on his radar… at least I hope so.

May 19, 2024, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Dabo sometimes says the quiet part out loud. ]

And you recommend he stop doing that.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

May 19, 2024, 2:38 PM

He is such an idiot. Doesn't even understand the expression. "Quiet part out loud" refers to accidentally revealing real motivations rather than those normally intended for perception. Dabo is saying things JK disagrees with but now asserts that he should just lie about it. While he also bashes him for not being honest about things too. He can't even keep his fake grievances straight.

May 19, 2024, 3:37 PM

When you grievance de jour as part of your schtick that will happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sad truth is that Brownell wouldnt be able to field a team

May 18, 2024, 11:34 PM

without the portal because an unhealthy amount of his not-so-stellar recruits transfer out. And up until this coming year, he hasn’t been able to recruit worth a flip. And I guess we will see if recruiting continues to improve or if this year was simply an outlier because he’ll never be fired from coaching basketball at Clemson.

If there was no portal why would our players be leaving?***

May 19, 2024, 3:19 AM

Re: If there was no portal why would our players be leaving?***

May 19, 2024, 5:46 AM

Playing time. We lost players when there was no portal.

Mukuba, Pride, Collins

May 19, 2024, 8:24 PM

Starters or major contributors that left

BroWnell Is One of The Best In The Country At Using The Portal

May 19, 2024, 12:01 PM [ in reply to The sad truth is that Brownell wouldnt be able to field a team ]

That is today's college basketball. Most schools have lost players to the portal. Almost every player BroWnell has signed out of the portal has been a major contributor. The only player Clemson has lost to the portal who has done anything is Middlebrooks. If you have been around long enough, you will realize five-star, one-and-dones are not coming to Clemson. Have you checked what it going on in Durham? Six players entered the portal. And one of those players decided to come to Clemson. And he has the 20th ranked recruiting class coming in. Some of you losers need to wake up and smell the coffee. BroWnell can coach. Dabo has his way of doing things. Fans need to get off his ###.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BroWnell Is One of The Best In The Country At Using The Portal

May 19, 2024, 4:22 PM

Weird he was overlooked for literally every single opening in college basketball this year. Would have such a terrible fanbase, terrible administrative support, and terrible history he’d have at least wanted to entertain offers from someplace a little less awful to coach. Especially since his last interview conveyed no respect for Clemson and credited only himself for his success. That is 100% portable. Really surprised he didn’t want that Kentucky job.

The overwhelming majority of football people disagree with Dabo.

May 19, 2024, 8:18 PM

If you want to cherry pick the few people who agree with him, go ahead. But please stop acting like Dabo’s way is viewed as popular or smart. It isn’t.

I hope his way works, but early returns suggest that it isn’t working.

Re: The overwhelming majority of football people disagree with Dabo.

May 19, 2024, 9:53 PM

You seem to not understand what I mean by “football people.”

Coaches and former players anre overwhelmingly with him. Football media and fans are not and they are not “football people”. HTH.

Replies: 41
| visibility 3027
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic