Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Won't be surprised if M. Kelly gets moved to DB
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,451

Won't be surprised if M. Kelly gets moved to DB

Apr 15, 2024, 3:15 PM

Dabo hyped him at WR, but I was not that impressed with his offensive touches during the Spring Game. He doesn't look like he has the speed of Brown or the quickness of Antonio to be an effective slot guy in the way we like to use that position. I don't see him playing over Antonio, Brown, Stellato or Wesco. We also seem to lack a lot of depth at corner. A lot of guys are coming off injuries and you're just not sure what we'll be able to get out of them this year. It won't surprise me if Dabo inevitably moves him to the other side of the ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He stiles me as a late bloomer that will available later

Apr 15, 2024, 3:38 PM

When those ahead of him move on to the NFL (or UFL)

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Won't be surprised if M. Kelly gets moved to DB

Apr 15, 2024, 4:43 PM

yet another leaping conclusion made from a glorified practice.

does your assessment have Pearman as QB1?

Apr 16, 2024, 8:04 AM

Well said.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 5:05 PM

Dabo hyped him at WR, but I was not that impressed with his offensive touches during the Spring Game. He doesn't look like he has the speed of Brown or the quickness of Antonio to be an effective slot guy in the way we like to use that position. I don't see him playing over Antonio, Brown, Stellato or Wesco. We also seem to lack a lot of depth at corner. A lot of guys are coming off injuries and you're just not sure what we'll be able to get out of them this year. It won't surprise me if Dabo inevitably moves him to the other side of the ball.

While I won't be surprised if he gets moved to DB, I fully expect he'll stay at WR. He's still a freshman (RS), so I don't expect him to overtake our experienced WRs like Antonio, Brown, or Stellato. Additionally, I don't even expect him to overtake first year freshman Wesco, or even first year freshman TJ Moore (who'll arrive this summer). I fully expect M. Kelly to continue to learn his trade & to gain incremental experience at WR to eventually take his place as a dependable WR (even if it is only as a reserve).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a 3 star guy with

Apr 15, 2024, 5:06 PM

1 other power 5 offer in Virginia Tech.

Give him some time. Let him develop.

If he's too slow to play WR, he's too slow to play CB***

Apr 15, 2024, 6:13 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't have to be a burner to be an effective CB

Apr 15, 2024, 6:34 PM

You just need to be competitive, understand leverage, confident and have good technique. From what I hear, Tink's got a lot of the intangibles in spades. Gary Peters wasn't very fast, but he was a good corner for us in his latter years. I think he could help us this year at corner.

If he's not quick enough to play the slot, how does he have the recovery to play

Apr 15, 2024, 7:16 PM

CB?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,451
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic