Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pro-Rel Agreements SEC-ACC and Big10-Big 12
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,401

Pro-Rel Agreements SEC-ACC and Big10-Big 12

Apr 15, 2024, 9:31 PM

I think the latest round of expansion rumors is heating up the possibility of us eventually getting to a system that works better for everyone... a version of Pro-Rel in College Football.

SEC can promote teams from the ACC (think us and FSU) and eventually be able to relegate to the ACC as well (think Vandy, Arkansas, USCar, Missouri)

Big10 can do the same with the Big12 (already trying to relegate Nebraska - could Rutgers, Maryland, etc. meet the same fate?)

Then there are Championships with Playoffs at both levels. Maybe eventually bring in a 3rd level to pro-rel (Mountain West and American Athletic)

It's a system that works that gives teams in lower conferences/levels something to play for (and the worse teams in upper conferences/levels some sort of consequence).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pro-Rel Agreements SEC-ACC and Big10-Big 12

Apr 15, 2024, 10:38 PM

Can you just imagine the ledge leapers in Cootland if they got demoted out of the SEC?...I can...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2024, 10:55 PM

I'd heard that but it won't fly. All it'd take is for us to have a couple more seasons like the past 3 and an Arizona or whoever to rise. So they'd be relegated in and we'd be with the coots. I don't see anyone agreeing to this.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 6:41 AM

You’re nuts if you think 10 win and 9 win seasons would cause a team to get relegated

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 7:42 AM

That’s hilarious. Football copying futbol. Burn it all down and make one elite league?! Yeah. Super smart.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,401
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic