Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
bad goal line play calling.. don't blame Rendrick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

bad goal line play calling.. don't blame Rendrick

Sep 6, 2009, 9:19 PM

all we would of had to do was call one PA run with kyle parker and it would of been a TD.. or even a sweep..we have to do better when it comes to goal line play calls than calling the same play

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rendrick was too slow to hit the hole...***

Sep 6, 2009, 9:20 PM

Re: Rendrick was too slow to hit the hole...***

Sep 6, 2009, 9:21 PM

he got hit a few times before he could get going.. he isn't spiller.. even running a sweep with rendrick taylor would be good.. give him enough time to build steam

He got hit by a corner coming off the edge...

Sep 6, 2009, 9:22 PM

he should have waltzed in for a td...

Re: He got hit by a corner coming off the edge...

Sep 6, 2009, 9:23 PM

i remember a corner or something taking out his legs.. i don't think a corner tackled him straight up

said corner doesnt get to him if he is just a little faster.

Sep 6, 2009, 9:24 PM

it was a good playcall,besides why do anything special against MTSU?

It was the back side corner on the goal line

Sep 6, 2009, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: He got hit by a corner coming off the edge... ]

He hit him about 2 yards behind the LOS and brought him down in front of a big hole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

an untouched corner that was on him before he had the ball***

Sep 6, 2009, 9:27 PM [ in reply to He got hit by a corner coming off the edge... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did we watch the same play?

Sep 6, 2009, 9:28 PM

if Rendrick was faster he would have walked into the endzone, also said corner wasnt on him before he had the ball...effin moron

Wow, ramped up the vitriol didn't you.

Sep 6, 2009, 9:32 PM

Its a conversation, maybe you should think about stopping short of the angry name calling?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cant stand morons...forgive me***

Sep 6, 2009, 9:33 PM

it was a figure of speech... implying I didn't think

Sep 6, 2009, 9:40 PM

his speed was the difference maker.

I did watch the game from the upper deck, so perhaps I missed it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cant stand morons...forgive me***

Sep 7, 2009, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Cant stand morons...forgive me*** ]

Must be tough looking in the mirror then!!

That was the backside defensive end

Sep 6, 2009, 9:31 PM [ in reply to an untouched corner that was on him before he had the ball*** ]

not sure if there was an assignment mistake or if we blocked down or what but he was released free into the backfield.

Either way, if it's Jamie Harper, he scores.

The hole was there and RT was a step too slow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe it was a corner...could have sworn it was the

corner

Yes, He was caught from behind by an unblocked

Sep 6, 2009, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Rendrick was too slow to hit the hole...*** ]

MTSU guy from the backside. Rendrick has got to be quick enough to get into the line without being caught from behind.

playcalling to predictable

Sep 6, 2009, 9:27 PM

anyways.. playcalling was too predictable.. i think that bad decision by kyle parker to try and throw a bullet that was almost an interception may have caused a rob spence conservative play calling moment

It was MTSU

Sep 6, 2009, 9:29 PM

give me a #### break

Couldn't disagree more

Sep 6, 2009, 9:31 PM [ in reply to playcalling to predictable ]

That is the exact right play call at that point, though I think you put in Harper who has more speed to hit the initial hole.

You may try play action on second down, but third and goal form the one with our RB's should be a line plunge against MTSU. Now, its scary we didn't get the push, or someone may have missed the back side block, but that play was way too slow developing if we are going to leave the CB unblocked.

But the call itself wasn't too conservative, it was a good call with poor execution.

Agreed.****

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to have respect for this board

Sep 6, 2009, 10:27 PM

But you are all just a bunch of idiots that have the football IQ of a nat. You don't always call the best plays against a lesser opponent. Those play calls on that goal line series were all called in an attempt to score a TD. However, the overall goal was to line up our o-line and run right at them and see what our line could do. The outcome of this game was never in doubt! Do you remember the score of last year's season opener? Did that not feel like a total beating? Why when the score is reversed and neither 1st string (on each side of the ball) played a single snap as a unit...starters still played but not as a unit...the entire second have are you all acting like the sky is falling?

Oh yeah....

Sep 6, 2009, 10:31 PM

And for you whiners out there that complained that since MTSU QB had some success running the ball and that mean GT will run wild on us. Again you have no idea about football. We will have a totally different defense with a lot more size. We won't have 5 and 6 DBs spread out everywhere. MTSU did in the 4th QTR exactly what Clemson used to do with Woody Danzler and an inferiour O Line. Lighten up and enjoy the win! 7 ACC teams (after either FSU or UM lose Monday night) now start the season 0-1. We are in great shape. If you want to ##### and complain then become a SC fan because I have no use for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree... Very rarely did you see the starters all out there

Sep 6, 2009, 10:32 PM [ in reply to I used to have respect for this board ]

together...mainly to get everybody some reps...keep them fresh and not to show much for next week... I think dabo held a lot back in this game just because he knew he wouldn't need anything up his sleeve to win the game

How long are we going to make excuses about this guy

Sep 7, 2009, 1:18 PM

not contributing. Yes, he is huge. No, I wouldn't call him out to his face.

NO, HE IS NOT MUCH OF A FOOTBALL PLAYER!!!

You sir are not very intelligent if you think Taylor is not

Sep 7, 2009, 1:21 PM

good football player. All you have to do is look at Clemson's record when he is on the field. He gives us an added dimension that we do not have without him. We will see Taylor make some big plays this season.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic