Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
question for those that went to BC last year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,566

question for those that went to BC last year

Aug 1, 2007, 6:11 PM

Did anyone else go to Chef Choy's before the game? The chineese place beside the bars. The lines were so long we looked in and saw beer and went on in. About an hour later it was slam packed full of Tigers... We even drank them out of beer 2 times!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a joke BC is....

Aug 1, 2007, 6:17 PM

It makes me mad just thinking about it. They have this little ### town Chestnut Hill? that has four bars. When I got there, there was Clemson fans in a line coming out of all of them. There was a liquor store, of course full of clemson fans. I ened up eating at the eagle deli? I have seen it on TV. they have a five pound burger. It was ok. I then drank warm beer from the case I bought at the liquor store.

Then I sat in a high school stadium with a bunch of people who thought you sat down at games. Then we got beat....

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

i didn't eat the Five pound burger...

Aug 1, 2007, 6:19 PM

If I did you get your picture on the wall for trying. ( they had other sizes too. 1/4,1/2,2,3,4) looking back I should have so there would be a Clemson fan on the wall. Oh and you had to eat 5 pounds of fries too....I had a roast beef sandwich that made Sugar and Spice cry...

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

Re: What a joke BC is....that's the problem

Aug 1, 2007, 6:19 PM [ in reply to What a joke BC is.... ]

We should be 2-0 against them not 0-2. Awful

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone in BOSTON was telling me "beat BC"

Aug 1, 2007, 6:22 PM

They said BC people were a bunch of yuppies. The only reason they sell out games is because people buy season tickets so they can see Notre Dame every Two years. I did meet a few students but you wanna know what they wanted to talk aobut? hockey! W T F?!!?!?! we lost to them?

-Danny Ford

One of the Bars was an "Applebees"***

Aug 1, 2007, 6:25 PM [ in reply to What a joke BC is.... ]

-Danny Ford

My wife and I bought an 18 pack of beer, a bag of ice, and

Aug 1, 2007, 6:41 PM [ in reply to What a joke BC is.... ]

a flimsy styrofoam cooler from that crappy liquor store on the corner. I carried that thing on my shoulder what felt like 2 miles to the campus. We ended up stopping when some BC fans were yelling some yankee jibberish and we tailgated with them for the last couple of hours before the game. Actually, I wouldn't call it tailgating, but we did drink beer. That was a sorry excuse for a gameday Saturday.

Re: My wife and I bought an 18 pack of beer, a bag of ice, and

Aug 1, 2007, 6:47 PM

The students were all very obnoxious while tailgating, but the student section was rocking for the game. Their gameday tailgating atmosphere looked like Clemson tailgating the Friday before a game.

Their fans don't deserve to win games.***

Aug 1, 2007, 6:49 PM

Re: What a joke BC is....

Aug 1, 2007, 6:44 PM [ in reply to What a joke BC is.... ]

We went to that liquor store and bought a case of beer and some mini-bottles and set up our own tailgate party in the middle of a grass parking lot. There was only a limited amount of Clemson "Tailgate" section due to the lack of cars.

Then we got beat..........classic! Pretty much wrapped up a

Aug 1, 2007, 10:20 PM [ in reply to What a joke BC is.... ]

lousy weekend , huh?

Except for the loss, I loved the BC trip/game/stadium

Aug 1, 2007, 7:23 PM

Boston was a great town for a road trip. Loved all there was to do in the city. Enjoyed riding the subway/train from downtown to Chestnut Hill surrounded by BC fans, not a cross word from anyone. Enjoyed walking around the campus.

We saw some 20 something folks sitting outside the stadium on the grass. They said, "Want a beer?" We sat down on the grass and helped them finish off a case of cold beer before the game. Walked right into our endzone, second tier seats. Sat down and had plenty of room. Some guy that talked like Ted Kennedy sat next to me and we struck up a conversation. He was a nice guy.

We walked around under the stadium at half time and had some nice BC folks talk to us about how well we traveled, how they liked our spirit and how they planned to come to Clemson one day, maybe.

We lost the game and that sucked. We walked the wrong and long way around the lake back to the subway/train station. Huge crowd waiting on too few trains and no cabs. A gang of what looked like hoods but sounded like Bostonians, mostly twentysomething males, told us to follow them to a better train station about two blocks away. We did and soon caught a train for downtown.

We ate dinner in the Italian section of town over by Paul Revere's House, got a great meal, and some great pastry afterwards. Stopped a bar on the way back to the hotel and enjoyed a few too many drinks.

We lost, but all in all, it was a great road trip and a great first experience at a game in Chestnut Hill. I plan to go back every year. iwould like to win up there.

So.....I don't get all the angst about the fans, the crowd, and the stadium. We lost but otherwise, it was a great trip for me and the folks I was with.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Except for the loss, I loved the BC trip/game/stadium

Aug 1, 2007, 7:28 PM

BC was a good road trip! Encourage other Tiger fans to be there in '08.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Except for the loss, I loved the BC trip/game/stadium

Aug 1, 2007, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Except for the loss, I loved the BC trip/game/stadium ]

My experience was also excellent. BC is, IMO, the best road trip in the conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your subway experience was different from mine

Aug 1, 2007, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Except for the loss, I loved the BC trip/game/stadium ]

our train to chestnut hill was solid orange. we even did a cadance count before the last stop. I loved that trip despite losing. I can't wait to go back in 08.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I agree Harley BC is my fav road trip....................

Aug 1, 2007, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Except for the loss, I loved the BC trip/game/stadium ]

Fenway is awesome even though I'm a Yankee fan. The bars outside Fenway, The Boston Beer Works and The Cask n' Flagon. Great seafood everywhere etc.

There were a few rude fans but thats everywhere. We took over The City Bar and Grille near BC for hours before the game.

I for one can't wait to go back every other year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The City Bar and Grill had 11 folks walk in at 10am

Aug 1, 2007, 8:02 PM

by noon they had to call in their entire waitstaff and bouncers..They hadnt made that much money that early in the morning in the history of the place and did more business than they did the entire world series when the redsox won it all..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i had a great time, and the BC folks that met us

Aug 1, 2007, 8:06 PM

at the city bar and grill are returning the favor and coming to the Firetruck this yr..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next year maybe they'll be ready for us. *********

Aug 1, 2007, 8:08 PM [ in reply to The City Bar and Grill had 11 folks walk in at 10am ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I loved it.***

Aug 1, 2007, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Except for the loss, I loved the BC trip/game/stadium ]

Re: question for those that went to BC last year

Aug 1, 2007, 9:47 PM

funny- i think me and my 2 buddies may have been the first tigers in there. and yes we drank beer and ordered but did not eat rice.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,566
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic