Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's list of our next coach.............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Here's list of our next coach.............

Oct 8, 2004, 7:02 PM

Top candidiate:
Urban Meyer - HC at Utah
Chris Petersen - OC/QB at Boise State
Bob Petrino - HC at Louisville
Jim Grobe - HC at Wake Forest
Brent Venables - co-DC at Oklahoma
Mike Gundy - OC/QB at Oklahoma State
Will Muschamp - DC at LSU
Steve Spurrier - ex-HC at Duke & Florida

Darkhorse:
Brian Van Gorder - DC at Georgia
Paul Johnson - HC at Navy
Norm Chow - OC at Southern Calif
David Kelly - AHC at Duke
Charlie Taeffe - OC at Maryland
Terry Hoepper - HC at Miami (O)
Roy Wittke - QB/Passing Game Coord. at Arkansas
Charlie Long - OC/QB at Oklahoma
Gene Chizik - DC at Auburn
Al Borges - OC at Auburn
Jim Donnan - ex-HC at Marshall & Georgia
Larry Blackley - HC at Troy St
Vic Koenning - DC at Troy St (ex-HC at Wyoming)

Surprise:
Jimmy Johnson
Dave Wannstedt (fires after season?)
Charley Waters

Who else??????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's list of our next coach.............

Oct 8, 2004, 7:09 PM

Urban Meyer - A hot commodity. I fully expect UNC and Univ. of Washington to make a big money run at him.

Jim Grobe - He just signed a contract extension with a clause that will not allow a lateral move within the ACC.

Steve Spurrier - This guy is so off the wall who the heck knows what he has planned.

JMO
Cypher

Oh, one more thing . . .

Oct 8, 2004, 7:12 PM

Norm Chow - I hear he didn't like all the crap that goes along with being a head coach previously, and that he is a west coast guy and refuses to move back east.

JMO
Cypher

This is BS Tommmy is our coach like it or not,You people

Oct 8, 2004, 7:18 PM

kill me with your speculations. I'll admit I don't like his arrogance, and question some of his decisions, but he's our coach and I'm behind him 100%.

WHen was he a head coach?***

Oct 8, 2004, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Oh, one more thing . . . ]

Re: WHen was he a head coach?***

Oct 8, 2004, 8:11 PM

I listen to alot of sports radio, and of course with Norm being such a hot commodity the ESPN radio hosts have talked about him persistently over the last 2 years.

I looked up his bio and you are correct, he has been a career assistant head coach.

Most sports radio hosts have been of the opinion that Norm would prefer to avoid the added duties of a head coach (speaking to alumni, fund raising etc.), that he is a west coast guy at heart, and that he enjoys his current situation at a high profile, championship contending team, where he can pick and choose the recruits he wants.

Just what I've heard.

JMO
Cypher

When Arizona was looking for a head coach, they didn't

Oct 8, 2004, 8:16 PM

think they could entice him to leave USC. His package is 350k+, a condo on the beach, a car, and a golf course membership at one of the top clubs in LA (forget the name).

Not sure I would leave the comforts of USC with that kind of package. That said, he was supposedly pretty ticked at BYU when they wouldn't even interview him when they hired Crowder (or whatever his name is). Supposedly he really wanted to take over for Edwards.

Re: When Arizona was looking for a head coach, they didn't

Oct 8, 2004, 8:26 PM

Definitely sounds like a sweet deal for Norm. Of course I'm not sure Arizona has the kind of national clout he would want anyway, lets face it, he could write his own ticket at this point.

If he's a west coast guy the Univ. of Washington might make a run at him after the season is over. Still, he sounds more like a sunny So. Cal kinda guy rather than a rainy weather, coffee drinking northwest kinda guy.

UCLA maybe?

JMO
Cypher

Here ya go genius!

Oct 8, 2004, 7:13 PM

Dr. Phillips will be writing weekly to Tiger fans about opportunities and challenges facing Clemson
Current Issues With Dr. Phillips
Athletic Director to write weekly about Clemson happenings

Oct. 4, 2004

The thing that I appreciate the most from the solid Clemson fans is how they have supported the program during the good times as well as the difficult. If you reflect on our history from 1965 until 1977, Clemson's overall record was 54 wins, 70 losses and three ties.

However, the remarkable thing that happened during that time was that Clemson began to do things that other schools were not doing: Jervey Athletic Center was built and plans were made to build an upper deck on the South side of Memorial Stadium.

Forward thinking by the Clemson administration placed the football program in a position that set the stage for remarkable success starting in the late 1970s and continuing through the 1980s. Clemson's support during that difficult 12-year period paved the way for success in the future.

It is that kind of thinking we need to perpetuate, even in today's time where the thinking is often "win and win quick."

In the current age of talk radio and the internet, sports programs now must deal with a different landscape. What is written in chat rooms and spoken on radio sometimes serves as a tremendous disservice to Clemson in many areas, particularly in recruiting.

Fortunately, most of our people are not part of that mix when that happens.

Yet, whenever there are some who speculate and conjecture about the demise of a particular coach and coaching staff, it creates an environment of ill will and uncertainty. As such, this perpetuation of doubt in the public domain can serve to break down confidence that high school coaches and prospects must have in our program. In turn, this affects recruiting.

That is why a long-term commitment is absolutely necessary. We must send a clear and unequivocal message to counter this type of environment: Clemson has a stable program and one that will achieve.

Toward that end, the WestZone project is extremely critical to the success of this football program. We need to look at our rich history and take a lesson from the late 1970s. We can't wait until we're really good to build the infrastructure that will be the foundation for success. The leaders from that time gave the program a window of opportunity and the program performed. It is a slightly different dynamic now in that we need to catch up. They were getting ahead.

Our competitive challenges are even greater than those in the 70s. In addition to league expansion, the schools in our league have become aggressive with facility improvements during the past ten years. They did what Clemson did back in the mid 70s.

A long-term commitment is critical for Clemson to enjoy long-term success. With the help and loyal support of solid Clemson people, we are creating a winning environment that we all can be proud of.
-------------------------------------------------------

Oh please. Cut the garbage

Oct 8, 2004, 7:19 PM

Im all for TDP, but his and yall's blaming chat room's and boards being a "disservice" to recruits is a lame tired cop out. EVERY school has chat boards, and EVERY school has its share of naysayers, doubters, and bashers. Even the likes of Oklahoma. Recruits care more about a winning product on the field ( and those cash bonuses from the boosters) than they do about what is said on some internet board. People on boards are putting to much importance in themselves if they think it matters that much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wheeee! Solid Orange!

Oct 8, 2004, 7:32 PM

But you're right, winning cures ALL.

I thought that was kind of lame as well. Where was he last

Oct 8, 2004, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Oh please. Cut the garbage ]

year when all hell was breaking lose? Oh yeah, he was hiding in his office.

PaulyC broh

Oct 8, 2004, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Oh please. Cut the garbage ]

listen to me. TDP isnt saying that kind of junk is the ONLY thing that hurt recruiting, but let me ask you this...
Do you think that garbage HELPS in ANY way? I mean any way at ALL? nope. So, why do it? What is the purpose for ANYone to come on here and say "such and such player sucks" or "fire so and so". How is that in ANY way productive? How is that a positive thing?
Do we all agree that every player is playing to their potential? no. But I'd love for someone to tell me what's the use in posting it. Does anyone think TDP is going to read that post and say "hey, that internet dude is making some sense... I need to fire so and so" or is Tommy gonna read this and say "he's right...I need to bench so and so"

I hope you know I am not bashing you personally in any way, but just wanted to say that.

That being said, you'd better have your drunk redneck fight-searching a$$ in Clemson next Saturday so we can drink some beers :) we can head to TTT after the game.

Yeah i'll be there as usual

Oct 8, 2004, 8:01 PM

Win or lose Im always supporting us. But for arguements sake, internet message boards were created specifically for discussions. I learned that way back in my ancient time in the Clemson University computer labs messing around on usenet and the likes. Many people just like to vent on here, and I see it as somewhat harmless, even though most of it is pure garbage.

But let me ask you this. A 17 or 18 year old kid isnt going to be guided in his college choice simply by what a message board says. No way. The mindset of a kid that age is what school has the hottest chicks, what school is winning, what the school's boosters are willing to pay him, what school has the best facilities, and what kind of education he will get. In that order too. I know how it works, I was friends and a drinking buddy with many past CU football players during their time here. An internet board just doesnt carry THAT much weight.

I wont attack a player personally simply because its somewhat in bad taste. Thats the only reason, not because Im afraid of what a recruit will see.

With that said, I hope you are ready for homecoming......because it will be the kick off to the annual Paulfest. Be ready to drink heavily.

I will pack an extra liver....and pwr333 will be there too***

Oct 8, 2004, 8:04 PM

You will need it. Paulfest is the most talked about event

Oct 8, 2004, 8:12 PM

across the nation in October. This will be the 14th annual Paulfest and will continue until Pauly's birthday on the 22nd. I have been through 14 Paulfests.....many in Clemson as a matter of fact, and have suffered irreversible brain and liver damage due to Paulfest's nature. Paulfest is not for rookies. Only the strong survive the 2 week long Paulfest. In fact even Ozzy Osbourne would have to check in to rehab after an annual Paulfest. So be prepared and practice up.

will do! lol!!

Oct 8, 2004, 8:15 PM

and ##### slap RFBrown for not getting in touch with me and pwr when we were there for the TAMU game. we left about 5 messages at his home #.

Paulfest has always lacked one thing important...

Oct 8, 2004, 8:16 PM [ in reply to You will need it. Paulfest is the most talked about event ]

Me.

When is it?

If I can make it, tell the townspeople to lock up their whiskey.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Paulfest kicks off next Friday night at TTT

Oct 8, 2004, 8:30 PM

and will continue until October 23. A solid week of heavy boozing and debauchery. Hide your women, be prepared to fight, and watch out for Paul to go ballistic. Paulfest was a hit for many years at Clemson and continues to this day. Pretty much anything goes. If you remember Paulfest......you werent having a good time.

I'll be there the Friday night before the UMD game.***

Oct 8, 2004, 8:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Your right, I'm sure recruits love it when a school's...

Oct 8, 2004, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Oh please. Cut the garbage ]

fan base is bit&hing and complaining all the time about the coach and wanting to fire him. Who wouldn't want to go to a school like that?

And no one can can recruit when having a losing season. Lou Holtz having a top 10 class after a 5-7 year and John Bunting having a top 25 class after a 2-10 year were just complete anomalies.

That is where the problem lies....people think the ones

Oct 8, 2004, 8:01 PM

bitching and complaining on chat boards are the fan base. I bet if you go back and look at todays posts, most of the ones that do the true negative speaking (wanting coaches fired, players benched, etc) are ones that come out of the woodwork (or ethernet cables) and aren't the alumns and true fans that follow the team through thick and thin.

Those who come out after losses, create a username, and post for the first time don't count.

agree 100%...anyone who chooses a college based on what

Oct 8, 2004, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Oh please. Cut the garbage ]

some annonomous internet poster says on chat boards does not belong in a school of higher learning in the first place

Yeah but, your team can beat freakin' FSU!***

Oct 9, 2004, 8:54 AM

Nice try. LOL!***

Oct 8, 2004, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Here ya go genius! ]

nm

registered on Aug 30, 2003

Oct 8, 2004, 7:54 PM

so you either didnt bother to show up for the UGa game or you rushed home right away to register afterwards....

or the third option. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

John Heisman's ghost***

Oct 8, 2004, 7:13 PM

Oct 8, 2004, 7:19 PM

Here is an idea...how about we stay with Tommy Bowden? I know the guy can coach. However, recruiting has finally caught up with us. This is an area where my Tigers are sliding and sliding fast. I realize this will not help the immediate problem. But, the future of Clemson football being able to compete with the likes of Maryland, Virgina, Miami, FSU..and I dare say "South Carolina University"(I hate to be honest...but I would kill for the coot's RB Turman and I would probably sell my wife into prostution for their offensive line), is in the hands of our coaches bringing in quality athletes.

The pain of this year wears on...look on the bright side...we can't get much worse. Regardless, this Tiger Fan is sticking with T.B.

man that is deep......

Oct 8, 2004, 7:36 PM

about your wife that is

Oct 8, 2004, 7:43 PM

T
O
M
M
Y

B
O
W
D
E
N

End of conversation. Stop your juvenile squibbiling and carping. It does nothing to help the situation. We mustn't let the smallness of some take down the whole.

only about 5 of them are likely to come to CLemson***

Oct 8, 2004, 7:50 PM

nm

I promise you NONE of them are

Oct 8, 2004, 7:52 PM

we HAVE A D-MN COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not calling for Tommy's head by no means, but...

Oct 8, 2004, 8:22 PM

....if he was fired, Iwould take Norm Chow over anyone on that list.

Put your $4 million on the table or ####.***

Oct 8, 2004, 8:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2004, 8:28 PM

Get on with the program or get off. TB is our coach and will be for at least 4 more years. Accept that fact. Continuing to speculate on this fallacious thought process only allows potential recruits to reconsider coming to Clemson. We have to be unified, and whether we like it or not, TB is and will be our coach. Such nonthinking speculation hurts our recruiting and thoughtless comments only hurt Clemson. Write a letter to TDP or TB, but keep dirty laundry "in the hamper." Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHUT UP Gawd Al-Mighty. TB Here to Stay

Oct 8, 2004, 8:38 PM

Name one coach in history that has not had a losing season before extended success. Quit whinning.

Well, I can name one...***

Oct 8, 2004, 8:40 PM

Danny Ford is one. Never had a losing season here***

Oct 8, 2004, 9:02 PM [ in reply to SHUT UP Gawd Al-Mighty. TB Here to Stay ]

Re: SHUT UP Gawd Al-Mighty. TB Here to Stay

Oct 8, 2004, 9:23 PM [ in reply to SHUT UP Gawd Al-Mighty. TB Here to Stay ]

I know it makes me sick to even see post like this.

We run off every coach we get so why not.?

Tommy is the best coach we r going
to be able to get.
No one wants to come here. Why u ask?
If u do not win every year u r out of here fast.

Sad but true.

I'm behind Tommy and the Tigers 120%.
I hope he is our coach for many, many more
years to come.
He will figure out and fix what's wrong. Bet on it.

Go back to FGF you horse's - - - !!!!!***

Oct 8, 2004, 11:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Away COOT!!!***

Oct 8, 2004, 11:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2004, 5:48 AM

What about Danny??

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic