Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This post was on a Wake board...... Read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

This post was on a Wake board...... Read

Sep 28, 2006, 4:00 AM

Let me see here . . .

1) We have just as many starters back as you guys do, but you don't have your star QB, Whitehearst;

2) We dominated you for the past 5 years, but particularly during the past two, including the one where we were robbed by the officials on the last play of the game at Death Valley two years ago, and the one where 6-7 phantom holding calls were called in your favor at Death Valley four years ago;

3) Your running game, including that Heisman wanna-be James Davis, was completely shut down last year, and we'll do the same thing to Spiller;

4) Our special teams completely outplayed you.

5) You lost to BC, drubbed a horrific Carolina team at home and ran up the score for AP polling purposes, and had a nice win at Tallahasee, where of course, NC State has won twice over the past 6 years.

6) Other than the '81 title win, which was won during the infamous Danny Ford era, where lying, cheating, and stealing were par for the course, your bowl record, relative to the amount of resources dedicated, is pretty average;

7) We have a better record at soon to be 5-0;

8) You have an enrollment of something like 18,000 students at any one point in time, and we have only 3,900;

9) We're ranked in the top 30th in the country academically, whereas "Klempsun" didn't even make the top 60.

10) We're playing you at home, on our new field turf, whereas you guys are still playing on grass;

11) Coach Grobe is head and shoulders above "Tammy" from a coaching standpoint;

. . . well, the only thing I can conclude is that your opinion of your team is vastly overblown and obviously unrealistic, and we are most likely going to continue our dominance over you in football, just like we have done so in basketball all of these years. Suck it up, get used to it, and take your medicine like a big boy should.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK:

Sep 28, 2006, 4:09 AM

1) Proctor may be better, and isn't asked to do as much...next.

2) Dominated is a bit strong a word for what you've done. You've played some of your best football against us and lost in OT, and won in the final seconds. Jim Grobe is a great coach, but you're not nearly as close in talent as you have been recently. Next.

3) LMAO...seriously...next.

4) True, and that goes back to coaching. If our ST aren't fixed by the game with you, you may have a shot...to be within 14.

5) BC: Bad call, bad coaching; UNC: We played a perfect game, if we play that well against you, we'll be 5-1. Bank on it.; FSU: it was a nice win, the NCSU thing seems irrelevant.

6) Irrelevant. Next.

7) Play somebody, or ST-FU

8) Whambulance...next.

9) Good for you...nerd. Next.

10) Um, nice way to cut costs. Ask Tennessee how well we play on turf. In fact, this will be a decided disadvantage to you, since our far superior speed will show more on turf. Idiot. Next.

11) I'd say this is probably accurate, unfortunately, as I mentioned our talent is far superior this year. Good luck against Liberty, it'll be your last win for a while...

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually academically, we are 30th public 57th overall

Sep 28, 2006, 5:05 AM

They are are a private school...if I paid what they did, my education better be a LOT better. Will they get a better job than a Clemson grad? No FREAKING WAY TO TELL, idiot.

This guys REALLY sucks...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really liked the turf argument

Sep 28, 2006, 5:08 AM

for one, he made it sound like playing on natural grass was an outdated thing to do, as well as advantage for their slower team...

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, what was that? As if we're the last school to have

Sep 28, 2006, 5:25 AM

grass? Turf also causes more injuries...I'm sure when we installed a new field a couple of years ago, we considered every pro and con, and maybe decided to go with fast ATHLETES instead of fast TURF. I haven't seen a slow Clemson team on any surface yet...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And for that matter, look at the trajectory of the rankings

Sep 28, 2006, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Actually academically, we are 30th public 57th overall ]

Clemson is on the fast rise academically and Wake continues what seems like a free fall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about their use of the chop block? Seems to be a huge

Sep 28, 2006, 5:42 AM

advantage. ;)

Re: This post was on a Wake board...... Read

Sep 28, 2006, 7:04 AM

Man, what a way to start my morning.
All I can say is that the Tigers need to hang a minimum of FIFTY POINTS on everyone of these "Tobacco Road" teams this season!!! Talk about idiots.....

Field turf, lol.***

Sep 28, 2006, 7:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something tells me this guy is not a Wake fan.***

Sep 28, 2006, 7:08 AM

Ditto***

Sep 28, 2006, 7:59 AM

Agreed. I know a lot of WF fans and they are nowhere near

Sep 28, 2006, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Something tells me this guy is not a Wake fan.*** ]

that cocky. Gotta be a coot or somebody with a chip on their ignorant shoulder.

This guy or gal has no life...It was a little funny to read***

Sep 28, 2006, 7:32 AM

Ouch***

Sep 28, 2006, 7:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sep 28, 2006, 7:45 AM

Well, Come on Clemson slackards... Lets buy some darn Wake tickets and beat the crap out of those guys!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think there'll be a shortage of orange there....

Sep 28, 2006, 8:35 AM

GEE-HAW'D!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Write this down, this game will not be close. Tigers by 14+***

Sep 28, 2006, 7:50 AM

30+***

Sep 28, 2006, 7:53 AM

Is anybody pulling for Liberty this weekend or is it just me

Sep 28, 2006, 7:53 AM

Wouldn't mind seeing them eat a helping of crow this week and then being force fed another next week by the Tigers.

Just you...I want no one but Clemson to dash their hopes.***

Sep 28, 2006, 8:50 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those who can go to that game--GO and be LOUD!***

Sep 28, 2006, 7:56 AM

Post it in the CU locker room all week!!!

Sep 28, 2006, 7:57 AM

Then go out and finally punish Wake like we are capable of doing - and show this idiot what running up the score means!

My, ... what a humorous way to start the day,...good one!***

Sep 28, 2006, 7:57 AM

Listen up: Fake Worrest $ucks it! That is all.***

Sep 28, 2006, 8:02 AM

No way this guy is a Wake fan

Sep 28, 2006, 8:04 AM

I don't care what kind off good fortune they have had against us recently, no one is idiotic enough to believe Wake is superior to CU in football.

Didn't they beat you?

Sep 28, 2006, 8:05 AM

go ahead and spout off a USC insult....

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I never turn down that oppurtunity..........

Sep 28, 2006, 8:16 AM

63-17 coot! :)

Opening up that cock-mouth again!***

Sep 28, 2006, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Didn't they beat you? ]

Future counsel for the accused***

Sep 28, 2006, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Didn't they beat you? ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

I smell 11 herbs and spices.*****

Sep 28, 2006, 8:18 AM

People who make posts like that have no confidence in

Sep 28, 2006, 8:26 AM

their team, and try and make up for it with bluster and "facts" that have zero to do with football. The best thing we can do is stay off their board until we whip their butts on the field and then go and rub it in unmercifully and repeatedly.

Tools.

To this I respond that I'm glad to see them finally crawl

Sep 28, 2006, 8:26 AM

out of the cellar with Duke as doormats of the ACC. It took a while. Used to be we would count both teams as automatic wins. Not only does it means we have to treat WF as a serious threat, but no mercy will be given now. They better pray that the old days never come back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was that 3900....NERDS!!!!! ****

Sep 28, 2006, 8:37 AM

Sep 28, 2006, 8:52 AM

Makes some good points, actually

I for one am shocked...

Sep 28, 2006, 8:54 AM

SHOCKED I say, that you would say that.

check his post history, then you won't be shocked***

Sep 28, 2006, 9:28 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, do we actually have a rivalry going with Wake now

Sep 28, 2006, 8:56 AM

Its actually good for Clemson. See my posts from yesterday concerning the Wake game. They should be confident, but we will see how confident they are next Saturday at about 3:30 pm.

I would post that bs in the tiger locker room.

Sep 28, 2006, 11:16 AM

Just a little more fuel.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic