Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How to get points on Tigernet
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Aug 5, 2005, 1:30 PM

A little while ago I threw in my input and tried to guide newcomers on how to post on Tigernet. Some succeeded. Others, well… not so much (Clemsontigz, Tigersurfin etc). For those of you that made it this far. I present to you the next step…

By now you’ve mastered the lingo and the sarcasm, you’ve developed thick skin and you either know your role as a “coot owner” or a “house coot.”

You feel as though you have mastered the art of posting on Tigernet and now you want points. Lots of them!!!

Recently there has been a falloff in points given due to the seemingly lack of interest in the thumbs up button; but, have no fear my youngling, I’m here to offer you advice on how to rack up lots of points using different strategies as offered by various members.

Here they are in no particular order:

The “LBOD” strategy:

In the past the LBOD was an error proof way to get anywhere from 3-20 points per. Tigernet members are nearly 98% men who are drooling for some female action to break up all the mature football, political and “poop” discussions.

However, in recent times the Lounge has become greedier and wanted more skin, while giving less in return. The LBOD route has gone by the roadside but you can still gather in a few points here and there with this strategy.

Example Posters: thebandit

The “reverse psychology” strategy:

Some posters claim that they hate points. Many will "thumb up" anyway for spite, but they are only falling victim to this triple reverse-south-paw ploy.

Will we ever know whether they actually like or hate the points? We may never know, but just in case shoot them a few.

Example posters: STERLING®

The “agree with everything” approach

Having an opinion does not get you points, unless your opinion is the same as everyone else.

I agree.

Example posters: UT®, RPE930, and Garnet & Black made this famous with their uncanny ability to agree with everyone all the time.

The “photoshop” approach

Photoshop - a reasonable $1000
Spending 2 nights a week for a month taking a class to learn photoshop - $500 dollars
Mastering the art of taking two completely unrelated pictures and creating one masterpiece with the OBS humping a lamp - “Priceless”

Guaranteed points.

Example posters: Malestrom® El Swann®, ClemsonJoe®

The “make fun of the coots” approach

Someone told me once that I was going to hell b/c I made fun of someone with a disability. If this is true, then I know a lot of college football fans who will be there with me.

Call them an easy target, call them ignorant, call them delusional, call them idiots, just call them something.

Easy points

Example posters: Itsmillertime7®, Tbarker®, Pawless in Seattle®

The “keeping up with the inside jokes” approach

Tigernet changes and evolves everyday with new jokes that can come and go in the span of an hour. By now you have learned how to not make a “german” post but even more importantly… don’t make an outdated joke.

If you keep up with the lingo, throw in a few dynamite drop-ins, all-the-while keeping it fresh, you can wrack up a few points.

Example posters: see the main board…err, I mean, the Lounge

The “serious” approach

Enough is enough folks. We HATE sarcasim! Hate it!!! I personally want to rip off my eyebrows when I read a sarcastic reply.

Witty banter will not be tolerated on Tigernet! Period!

Keep it serious, make no one laugh and you’ll get some points.

Example posters: Holtzhater®, COOT4LIFE®, Clemsontyger® (again see Lounge)

The “create your own gimmick” approach

The “Hill watch”, the “5325 days” guys, the “don’t forget to vote” guys… all have created a niche to gather in points from loyal fans and without them how would we ever know what to do or anything about anything!

Example posters: OJ®, darkhuntingtiger®, 80TIG® and how could we forget newbie#5 who just signed up yesterday to remind us to vote. (see if you can guess which 3 we value)

The “bash the moderators” approach

Nobody likes them; everybody hates them, so let’s bash’em!!! Great approach if you want points!!

It worked for CU04Tiger who instantaneously went from newbie to Orange Blooded [16975 pts]

The “ClemsonJoe®” strategy:

First, Joe offers something to Tigernet. Joe offers his camera work and pictures. Often called upon to deliver under harsh circumstances but always comes through in the clutch.

Joe has become a crowd favorite and even supplies a few pictures of wives if approached correctly.

Joe also uses another approach to points. Joe created the “secret points party thread”. As you will notice in some of his threads all posts will receive points for no apparent reason. Most return the favor balancing out the ultraverse. Sneaky sneaky Joe ;)

The “Tiggity®/MyBloodRunnethOrange®” approach

Again, like ClemsonJoe®, these posters provide a service to Tigernet. Tiggity® provides arguably the best multimedia Clemson site online and MBRO offers DVDs of past Clemson games to hundreds of Tiger fans across the land.

This approach will not seem feasible for most considering the nature of the activities is time consuming and cannot be taken lightly by amateurs. If you have the time, this is the way to go to get points.

These men are professionals and Tigernet needs them. Thank them any chance you get!

The “Huckittome / Rocksolid®“ approach

These posters are vital to the success of the Donor board. All kidding aside it is worth donating to Tigernet just for their articles and contests.

Hats off to them.

If you were wondering about the “Shoeless” approach to getting points on Tigernet, I’ll give you the secret…

“Less is more”

Pawless in Seattle® and I came to realize this when we discovered that the “less” in our handles creates the outpouring of points thrown our way. Who knew?

In Conclusion:

With all the different ways to go after your point goals give them all a try. Pick the one that works best for you and run with it, and remember that it’s better to give than receive.

Now that I have shared the secrets of the game, I hope I will no longer here calls of “point #####” but rather the tune of “point pimp”

Check your meters guys :), but for those of you who make Tigernet a great place, my hat is off and a point for you.

Shoeless

Message was edited by: Crump®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-shoelesscu.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic