Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC BOT investigating their own athletic department.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,051

UNC BOT investigating their own athletic department.

May 13, 2024, 4:58 PM

Anybody think that dropping this news today, the same day as the ACC meeting starts in FL and the UNC AD will be in FL at the meeting, is coincidental? Me, neither.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-trustees-critical-of-cunningham-to-review-athletic-department-amid-budget-concerns/21428803/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC BOT investigating their own athletic department.

May 13, 2024, 5:04 PM

Looks like UNC needs more future annual payout from the ACC.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 5:22 PM

They'll find wrong doings and probably kick themselves out of the conference.

Chess vs Checkers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 5:52 PM

I stated a week or so ago on here that there was dissension among the UNC leaders regarding UNC leaving the ACC. I stated that a group of big money donors were getting together to address the future of UNC SPORTS and how to fund them. They wanted UNC to do what was best for UNC and would be taking action.
It appears this is the action. Bubba Cunningham, the AD wants UNC to stay in the ACC. As this audit group says, Cunningham has not submitted a plan on how to make up the shortfall in revenue. There is no plan to increase revenue by being in the ACC. Folks who want UNC to continue to compete at the highest level in all sports know that. They know the SEC/BIG is the place to be. Just as Clemson/FSU know.

I suspect this was released today to send the message to Bubba and Jim Phillips to let them know not to put forth a rosy picture of the ACC and tie UNC to staying in the ACC to the gathered assembly at the ACC conference.

This was released as a message to all the hangers on in the ACC, that UNC while not having yet sued the ACC, is not having any of what Phillips and BUBBA are selling. Maybe Bubba likes being a big shot on the CFP committee and now in charge of the NCAA basketball selection committee.Some folks who are big donors want UNC's future interests to take precedence over what Bubba and Jim Phillips want. It sounds like these folks are not enamored with Jim Phillips. BUT I GET THE IMPRESSION that Bubba and Jim Phillips may be on the hot seat as far as some power brokers at UNC are concerned and they just told the whole conference how they feel.

Stay tuned, this is starting to get more heated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 5:55 PM

From thearticle... LOL

Boliek said he wants UNC to join a higher-revenue league.

"I am advocating for that," he said. "That's what we need to do. We need to do everything we can to get there. Or the alternative is the ACC is going to have to reconstruct itself. I think all options are on the table."

Preyer told WRAL in March that the ACC was failing its top schools, including North Carolina.

"The conference is not acting as if it is representing the best interests of the member schools including the top tier of those schools - Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina," Preyer said.

"Instead, it is acting at the expense of those schools to prop up the bottom tier of the conference in a way that I think is a gross abdication of responsibility. And I lay that at the feet of the commissioner."

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

May 13, 2024, 6:26 PM

That hits the nail on the head. The timing is not a coincidence. UNC is wanting to force a vote for unequal revenue sharing effective immediately. Grab youe popcorn. This is about to get good…

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 7:20 PM

That revenue sharing vote happened last year. This is to let everyone at the conference know that BUBBA and Phillips cannot bad mouth FSU/CLEMSON and claim that UNC is not looking to leave conference. Their strutting around like peacocks was just put to an end. It basically says both Bubba and Phillips are incompetent and UNC supports FSU and Clemson and UNC will also be leaving the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While youre in general correct, this is just infighting and nothing along

May 13, 2024, 9:16 PM

who is on what conferences side. UNC is not going to sue, but I’ll state again they’ll have their pick of seats at the table of SEC or B1G if the conf breaks up.

LOL

May 17, 2024, 9:34 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,051
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next