Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayers to the families of the Daniel High kids that drowned. Just last week I
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 6
| visibility 1529

Prayers to the families of the Daniel High kids that drowned. Just last week I

May 20, 2024, 12:36 PM

mentioned to Ms. The Mole that this is the time of year people start jumping into the lakes thinking it's warm enough. This year the water would be cooler due to all of the rainy days.

I always told people that if you were drowning I would come help you after you've worn yourself out. My cousing taught me that lesson at age 12 up in Kerr Lake (Henderson, NC). We were wading around in chest-deep water. We stepped off in a hole. He was about twice my size...couldn't swim...and managed to climb onto my shoulders while pinning me under. I couldn't get him to let go because he was squeezing my kneck with his thighs. Luckily, my father saw what was happening and pulled both of us to safety. Lesson learned.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/south-carolina-students-bodies-found-lake-hartwell/60845402

Message was edited by: The Mole®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers to the families of the Daniel High kids that drowned. Just last week I

May 20, 2024, 12:48 PM

Praying for the family🙏🏻

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers to the families of the Daniel High kids that drowned. Just last week I

May 20, 2024, 1:13 PM

I had to try to save a cousins friend who was grown and expecting. She was expecting at the time and fell of an inner tube and sank. I tried but I was about 12 at the time and just couldnt get her to the surface. Fortunately some boaters passed by then and dove in to get her.

I now am the grandparent of 2 lifeguards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers to the families of the Daniel High kids that drowned.

May 20, 2024, 2:15 PM

Prayers sent

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2024, 2:35 PM

I agree The Mole. Lesson #1 in life guard class was that a drowning person will drown everyone around them.

Prayers for the families.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow that sounded scary... i've heard of life guards saying to almost punch the

May 20, 2024, 2:35 PM

other person to get them to stop panicking so that you can pull them in to safety. Otherwise they'll swamp you.

May 20, 2024, 4:00 PM

I remember a cove out behind Garrison Arena (doubt I could find it today) which had a rock to jump off. We would drink beer and jump in the water (early 80's). Guess we were lucky...

I cant imagine losing a child so prayers for this family.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1529
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next