Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mater Plants and Cold Nights
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 1
| visibility 251

Mater Plants and Cold Nights

Apr 19, 2024, 3:09 PM

According to what part of the state in SC and NC you live, if you have mater plants in ground, you might want to cover them Sunday and Monday night. Temps in low 40's forecast. Of course that could be even lower in actuality.

Last year I lost some of plants when it got to 39-40. They were not even in the ground but still in the little pots they came in and were under my carport.

I went back to the place I bought them to replace them, and every one he had which were 2000 under a large outdoor covered roof area had been killed.
I did not realize young plants would die at 39 and 40 degrees. There was no frost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tomatoes, peppers, squash

Apr 19, 2024, 5:02 PM

are all pretty sensitive to cold temperatures.

Beans, corn and okra like warm weather but can stand a little more cold. Temps in the 30's will leave them with some leaf burn but they normally recover quickly.

Potatoes, onions and most greens (collards, etc) are considered cold weather crops. You get them in the ground in February so they can finish bearing before the real heat comes. They wither when the temps close in on 90.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 251
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next