Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honoring a Clemson Man of Integrity: Remembering Ron Copeland
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 853

Honoring a Clemson Man of Integrity: Remembering Ron Copeland

May 14, 2024, 8:57 PM

In the Clemson community, where passion and loyalty run deep, it’s the people behind the cheers that truly define what it means to be a fan. Today, I want to honor a remarkable individual, my stepfather, Ron Copeland, not just for his unwavering support for Clemson but for the incredible man that he was, whose recent passing has left a void in our hearts.

Ron was a man of profound integrity and character. His moral compass guided him through life with a quiet, steadfast faith that he chose not to wear on his sleeve. He lived his values in every action, even in small, everyday deeds like meticulously sorting recyclables in Charleston—a city that did not require it—and driving them to a facility that could process them. This was just one of the many ways Ron demonstrated his commitment to doing right, often doing honorable things when no one was looking.

His quiet benevolence extended to unsung donations to causes close to his heart, such as charities supporting wounded police officers, servicemen, and organizations like Habitat for Humanity. These acts of generosity only came to light after his passing, painting a picture of a man who truly embodied the spirit of giving without seeking recognition.

Ron was also a thoughtful planner who ensured the well-being of his family with immense care, securing two life insurance policies and ongoing insurance to provide for my mother indefinitely. He embraced the role of a father to three boys from a previous marriage, caring for them as his own with great love and responsibility.

Each evening, Ron found solace and strength in reading Bible passages, a practice that grounded him and reinforced the principles he lived by.

As we remember Ron, we celebrate not just a fan of the game but a man who played the game of life with honor, love, and an unwavering ethical stance. He will be greatly missed, not only at the roaring games in the stadium but in the quiet moments that remind us of his profound influence and character.

https://www.mcalister-smith.com/obituaries/ronald-copeland

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outstanding tribute.

May 15, 2024, 1:41 AM

Praying for you and your family as you go through the grieving process.

Message was edited by: bretfsu®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Praye­rs sent.***

May 15, 2024, 2:41 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honoring a Clemson Man of Integrity: Remembering Ron Copeland

May 15, 2024, 6:51 AM

Nice tribute. Prayers for all 🙏

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 6:56 AM

So sorry for your loss, he was too young. It is hard to lose your Dad. Strength and prayers, and cherish those fond memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Heaven just got better. Sorry for your loss.***

May 15, 2024, 7:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Sorry for your loss! Prayers for the family and for comfort!

May 15, 2024, 8:00 AM

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

I believe Heaven holds a special place for those men who choose to become a

May 15, 2024, 8:30 AM

father in every real sense of the word, to someone else's biological children. It is easy to tell from your post that Ron Copeland was one of them. My deepest sympathies to you, your mother, and the rest of your family on the loss of a great man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 8:46 AM

Profound words. Prayers for you and yours. Heaven gained another Tiger.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 8:52 AM

a good man is hard to find and truly missed when gone

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 853
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic