Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Draft coverage observation last night.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 801

Draft coverage observation last night.

Apr 26, 2024, 2:45 PM

Was I the only one who noticed that throughout the night (not on every pick, but on several), the ESPN guys would be speculating on who the pick might be. Then the pick would be in. It would normally take 2 or 3 minutes from the time the pick was in until it was announced. The guys would still be speculating. Then about 30 seconds before the pick was in they would focus one one name, many times it was not even a name they had mentioned before. Everyone of them would be spouting off data about this guy and how he might be the pick.

Presto! He was the pick.

Am I the only one thinking that the NFL fed them the pick so that they could extol the virtues of the pick before it was announced.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Draft coverage observation last night.

Apr 26, 2024, 3:32 PM

Definitely! No one had Penix in the top 8 until the Falcons picked him. I’d rather have him than Caleb Williams. Penix did more with less! I’m a VERY excited Falcon fan! He gets to learn from Cousins for a few years and perfect the offense before his first snap! The future looks bright in Atlanta!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 3:43 PM

I believe J Daniels and D Maye have the better careers out of the ones drafted

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im not sold on the Tarhole QB he seemed to shows up small in the biggest games

Apr 26, 2024, 3:51 PM

One of the predraft analysts pointed out how his worst games came against teams who had the most NFL talent like us and ND. I think Pennix is the most likely to be successful. I don’t think the real USC QB has the intestinal fortitude, the LSU guy is kindaof a boom or bust and well Bo Nix wasn’t even average until he went to the conference where defense died. Not too sure about McCarthey he spent so much of his time in a 1950s wing T offense; I’ll have to see how he plays when he has to be the reason a team wins and not just the captain of the ship.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched the NFL network I think Rich Eisen is the best host

Apr 26, 2024, 3:45 PM

Picks 1-7 were apparently chalk and they were pretty spot on about it; it kinda changed at 8 with Pennix. After that they were about 50/50 but they didn’t seem to all of a sudden start talking about the right pick in those few minutes between the pick being in and the actual announcement. They were obviously surprised by both Wiggins and the cack who went to the panthers. They didn’t say a word about those two until after the pick was announced.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2024, 4:34 PM

There were better things to watch on tv so I did not notice. I saw the 1st pick and was done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duh. Just like the playoff selection panel claims

Apr 26, 2024, 4:40 PM

they don’t know anything prior to announcements.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put it this way, ESPN has, in my opinion, done far more corrupt thing than this.***

Apr 26, 2024, 5:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 801
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic