Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone please explain this new fad of posting Christian music videos?
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 951

Can someone please explain this new fad of posting Christian music videos?

May 2, 2024, 8:45 AM

genuinely curious.....seems odd on a college sport's board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigertown

Re: Can someone please explain this new fad of posting Christian music videos?

May 2, 2024, 9:11 AM

The college sports board you think is strictly a college sports board is more than college sports. There are over a dozen different board categories on Tigernet and many have nothing to do with sports. Most of the songs are being posted on the Amphitheater board. When I was at Clemson we had many concerts in the Amphitheater. One of the best was Flatt and Scruggs. Bluegrass was beginning to get popular among us young educated future world leaders.😁

Hope that answers your question. Many tnetters are Christians who like a good song glorifying God and lifting our spirits so that we can enjoy the day sharing some of the great hymn s sung by some great artists.

As for me, if tnet was strictly sports, I would not pay to be here and I would spend very little time posting and reading here. But, that's just me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 9:29 AM

NewSpring net.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 9:36 AM

Probably a bunch of Night Ranger fans getting fired up for their upcoming county fair tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7S2qCKb6XE

May 2, 2024, 9:45 AM

When I post songs, I'm hoping that someone else gets the same amount of encouragement that I get when I try and focus my mind on the things of the Spirit.

For many years I didn't. I'm a musician so I love all forms of music. But I found myself focused solely on secular music for a long time and when the bad things of life that are inevitable happen, my thoughts immediately went negative. From the negative thoughts, depression becomes the next stage. Then to rebellion.

I'm trying to eliminate the rebellion, depression, and negative thoughts. The only way I've found that those things stop is to focus on the Messiah.

The best way to focus on Him is to first read the word every day. And then fill your heart and mind with Praise.

It's why God says King David (Israel's second monarchy) was a man after God's own heart. When David sinned (and he sinned big time, a lot) David ran back to God, fixated himself in the word and then filled his heart with Psalms of praise that he wrote and played on various instruments.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 10:15 AM

Blessings back at you brother!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's trolling with plausible deniability***

May 2, 2024, 9:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure. Lack of board moderation and a small contingent of posters who use the

May 2, 2024, 10:13 AM

Football forum to blast their personal opinions on other topics to the rest of the world. As though anyone cares. Yes, it is odd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: Sure. Lack of board moderation and a small contingent of posters who use the

May 2, 2024, 10:30 AM

A little music never hurts anyone that I am aware. Breaks up the continuious stream of professional comments on Tnet reference football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why I post them.

May 2, 2024, 10:36 AM

I am a visitor here. I noticed last week that there were several Christian youtube videos being posted on the football forum. I commented that I loved them, but I wasn't sure the football forum was the proper place. I asked about posting them on the religion and politics board. I was told that the Amphitheatre would be a better place.

So, I am trying to post on Christian song on that forum every day.

Christian music blesses me. God is pleased with singing. He wants us to sing. I pray that the videos I post will help others as they sing to worship God.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why I post them.

May 2, 2024, 10:39 AM

Nothing odd about Christian music.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of a slow time of year for Clemson sports

May 2, 2024, 10:56 AM

And there’s often a non sports theme that becomes the flavor for a few days on here. Whether it be music, food, old Clemson memories, politics (less fun) etc.

I have no interest in this current one but they’ll probably be several other themes at different points over the summer

May 2, 2024, 10:59 AM

I cannot explain.

May 2, 2024, 11:22 AM

Give me that old time Rock n Roll!

May 2, 2024, 11:59 AM

I like it. The beauty of the board is you get to click on what you want. If there's no interest just don't click on it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 12:51 PM

That would work if properly labeled but many are not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2024, 1:09 PM

Often the title of the song labels it or the artist name. Not 100%, but for most who are familiar with the song or artist, it is known.

Not all subject titles let us know what we may clicking on. To me, life is too short to get focused on minutiae which adds little to nothing to joy in my life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 951
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic