Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boys, I am watching the replay while doing some paper work...If you want to
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 651

Boys, I am watching the replay while doing some paper work...If you want to

Mar 29, 2024, 8:28 AM

hear an example of the bias of the announcers....just go to about the 24:15 mark of the 2nd half and hear the excitement they exhibit when Arizona takes the lead...and then the down play when Clemson takes it right back on Jack Clark's 3 pointer....and when they shout,"AND BALLO JUST BUUUUUULLLS HIS WAY IN....."......."and....he...missed....the...shot...."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was something

Mar 29, 2024, 8:38 AM

And they avoided talking about the foul disparity as much as they could.

I can't tell you enough how sweet the vindication was when we slammed the door in the closing seconds

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boys, I am watching the replay while doing some paper work...If you want to

Mar 29, 2024, 8:39 AM

It must be said that the refs were biased as well...some of the WORST calls I've ever seen going against Clemson....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Mar 29, 2024, 8:40 AM

Yea. I heard enough from those clowns last night. If I watch it again it will be with the sound off.

Mar 29, 2024, 8:41 AM

Ballo would use his shoulder to knock our guy back two feet then we get called for a phantom foul at the basket. Luckily he was terrible at the line

Two instances. One, Ballow shoved Godfrey just as he jumped and knocked him to

Mar 29, 2024, 9:44 AM

to the other side of the paint(No Call, and shortly after that I think, Godfrey was behind a guy with his hands on the guys waist....no shove, just feeling where he was...got a foul called for pushing) and then Ballo got the rebound for a point blank put back.....AND THE ANNOUNCERS SAID,"BALLO,GOT AWAY WITH A PUSH OFF THERE,BUT THE PLAY WAS CREATED BY THE GUAURD'S DRIVE, WHICH GAVE BALLO A LITTLE MORE ROOM TO OPERATE".....I KID YOU NOT!!The danged push off created the space!! Two, Ballo hammers PJ knocking him back under the basket and then BALLO went baseline and tried a reverse layup but basically blocked his own shot....FOUL ON PJ>>>>>>WHO DID NOTTOUCH HIM. Announcers,"Well, I can see Hall being upset, Ballo initiated the contract a couple of times but then Hall got him on the back end". No sirs, he did not! ANd they never showed a replay that showed he did.....

That was sweet pulling that dagger out!!!

Mar 29, 2024, 9:25 AM

Hog wash. Their job is to male it exciting for the listeners, the vast bulk of whom are fans of neither team. Go back and listen to the last minute, starting with the PJ dunk on the inbounds through the buzzer. You'll hear te exact same enthusiasm for the dunk, the and 1, the lay in and the end.

I swear, Clemson fans (of which I am one x 65 years) may be the whiniest fan base in America. We seek out ways to be insulted even when we win.

Nah, fans are the same everywhere.

Mar 29, 2024, 9:39 AM

Refs, any sport, are biased against us.
Announcers, any sport, are biased against us.
We never get a break. Every break goes against us.
The schedule is against us. The folks who made the schedule hate us.

It's just part of the nature of being a fan.

Note: Not saying every fan feels that way, but there are plenty of fans for every team that feel that way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah, fans are the same everywhere.

Mar 29, 2024, 10:38 AM

I suppose you are right. And I get it when we lose. I mean, the only way Clemson can lose in any sport is when someone cheats us, or because BB is an idiot who doesn't know how to coach. But you would think folks would give it a rest when we win, and just be happy. But alas, I guess that is too much to expect.

Replies: 8
| visibility 651
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic