Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coming To College Football Soon
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,451

Coming To College Football Soon

May 6, 2024, 12:41 AM

https://archive.ph/nY87o

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coming To College Football Soon

May 6, 2024, 2:11 AM

With all of these changes, and with some players on contracts, the portal(free agency) is going to be more important to get great players than recruiting and paying HS recruits.
If a team pays big bucks to a HS recruit and signs him to a contract, there better be coaches on the team that can develop that high price player. You can't waste your salary cap on players you can't develop.

Teams will have to hire a General manager to handle all of the contracts, determine the salary amount, etc. The HC and AD can't do it all. The HC can't bond with a player if the HC is determing the salary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2024, 9:20 AM

HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER HS PLAYERS will hire agents and those doing the recruiting will have to deal with the agent.

I don't see how this will work without the SEC and BIG establishing a draft and like the NFL college draft, you have to sign with the team that drafted you. This is why we are going to end up with a super conference with 2 divisions. SEC and BIG. I THINK IT WILL BE 24 TEAMS EACH. I think the revenue sharing and salary caps with tax on exceeding it is going to limit the teams to 48.

When we get to this, I am done with college sports. This will bleed over to baseball and basketball, and to other sports that a school really wants to win.

Calling these college players amateurs is now becoming a joke.

I will not be following this NFL lite game once known as college football. Money, power and greed took over and turned it into a mess. Congress will pass legislation like it did for the NFL allowing college sports to operate like the NFL.
I would think the next step would be for each team to get funding from NFL teams to help pay the college semi-pros. Perhaps a college team would be a farm team.

May 6, 2024, 4:00 AM

ScaRue SEC And that’s all I got to say about that

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2024, 4:00 AM

ScaRue SEC And that’s all I got to say about that

May 6, 2024, 4:02 AM

Enough said twice

May 6, 2024, 9:38 AM

For several years I didn’t watch a lot of NFL games because I preferred what I thought was the “purity” of the college game. Over the last few seasons I’ve begun watching more NFL games and have become more interested in professional football than I’ve been in twenty years and anticipate that this trend will continue as college football becomes professional football. If I’m gonna watch professional football why not watch the best?

May 6, 2024, 10:43 AM

With the NCAA trying to settle out of court on NIL disputes, I'm wondering how long before we see eligibility on the table. They've already waffled on what was 4 years, adding cut outs for injuries, not enough playing time, COVID, hardship etc. When does Joe can't make the NFL sue to have 7 years of eligibility and $80K/yr from NIL?

May 6, 2024, 1:40 PM

Awe heck...let's just let the inmates run the prison! Has not really been student athletes for years...we were headed for this train wreck since we started making up studies and departments that had no place in a modern university...they were designed to retain only!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,451
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic